Misery

I went to Mike's and Tré's house and let myself in because they gave me the key years ago. I walked in the living room and collapsed onto the couch next to them and started bawling.

"My life. It's falling to pieces!" I wailed. Tré gave me a look of sympathy.

"Billie Joe, we're here for you. We love you. Live with me and Mike again. It'll be like the good old days. We can smoke Mary Jane and get wasted every night."

"Sounds great Tré," I said as he embraced me, soon joined by Mike. These guys really are all I have. They've been here for me through thick and thin. They've never really judged me. I've known Mike since Middle school. Tré, not long after high school. But time matters not; I love them both to death.

"Can I have my old room back?" I asked Mike.

"Umm. Yeah. I don't see why not. We've been using it as a storage room more or less so we'll have to move the stuff in there to the basement or upstairs."

Mike has a pretty big house for how young we are. But him and Tré are both paying on it so its double. We don't get that much for being in the band. Green Day isn't the most popular band in the world. We mostly play at smaller gigs.

After me, Tré and Mike moved everything to the basement I sat down on my bed. I looked around all the posters were still hung up how I left them. My first guitar I call Blue is still sitting dusty, on its stand. It feels like just yesterday that i was waking up in this bed, in this room, in this house, with my two favorite people in the whole world.

I dug my hand into my pocket and pulled out the slip of paper with Desi's number on it. Should I try calling now or later? I stood up and went picked up the landline and dialed her number. It rang several times than finally:

"Hello?" Her familiar voice asked.

"Hey. Umm...Desirae?"

"Yes. This is. Billie Joe right?" She asked.

"That's me. With an IE," I responded.

"So what's up?" I could hear the smile in her voice.

"Not much. Thinking maybe we could go grab some lunch tomorrow?"

"Certainly!" She exclaimed. "What time?"

"Well. Noon," I laughed. She laughed as well.

"Alright. See ya then." We hung up. Despite our awkward conversation I was in a great mood. Maybe this will be my new start. Maybe I'm finally moving on from Adrienne Nesser...or not...