Paper Lanterns

Billie's POV

I rolled over. No Addie. Maybe it was just a dream. Maybe she wasn't even here at all. I sighed and got up. I know she was here. I don't know what to do anymore. I miss Hailie.

I rubbed my hand along my wrists and felt the bumps of each cut. I regret it so much, yet at the same time I regret nothing at all.

I wish I could go back in time. Back to before my father died. He was my best friend before Mike was. He was my inspiration. I wish I could back to high school. Back to when I'd sell joints for only $2. Back to when I was invisible to the majority of the other students there. Back to when I met Mike. Back to when I found my first love. Back to before I was surrounded by all this fame. Back to when Green Day was a small band by the name of Sweet Children that only played at small gigs and parties. Back to before we had fans and people wanting our autographs and our albums and t-shirts with our name on them. Back to when my life was simpler and I didn't feel like I had the whole weight of the world on m shoulders. Back to before I felt heartbreak, sorrow from the loss of my best friend, my father. Back to before I turned to drugs to cope with my pain and sadness. I need a different way of coping. I need something. I need a brand new hope. That's what I've been looking for in every person I encounter. Hope.

I pull on my converse and some clean clothes and go out to see how Mike and Tre are.

"Hey, Billie. How are you feeling?" Tre asked, leaping off the couch and flashing me a wide smile. His smile melts my heart. He pulls me in for a hug.

"Where's Mike?" He shrugged.

"I don't know. He said he had something urgent to do. Looks like it's just us." Tre winked at me. A small smile spread across my face. He rubbed his hands up and down my chest. I felt his tongue slip into my mouth. I love it when he gets this way. He moved his face closer to mine and stared me in the face for several minutes before finally speaking.

"You're so cute, Billie Joe." I felt the pressure of his lips upon mine. I smiled through the kiss. He sat down on the couch and pulled me down, so I was sitting on his lap. We never parted from the kiss. I felt the bulge of his crotch on mine. Damn. He was so sexy.

Suddenly the door burst open and I jumped off Tre quick and sat next to him on the couch. Mike walked into the living room.

"What's up guys?" He asked, as I wiped the saliva from my mouth. I glanced at Tre and he snuck me a slight smirk. I felt a warm feeling inside me and smiled to myself.

"I was just about to go. I have some place I need to be." I stood up and patted Mike on the back before leaving. I hopped into my Ford and drove to see Desi.

*****

I knocked on the front door. After several minutes, Desi finally came to the door. She grabbed me by the arm and pulled me in.

"What happened to your eye?!" I asked, looking at the bruise under her left eye.

"Nothing," She whispered, as she pulled me into her bedroom and closed and locked the door. What's going on? She sat me down on the bed and sat next to me.

"I seen Mason last night."

"Did he fucking do that to you, Desirae?!?!?!" I stood up angrily.

"Calm down, Billie. He didn't lay a finger on me," she reassured. "No but really. He was hiding in the bushes outside my house again. I noticed him when I was walking home from work. So I ran quick. I heard running footsteps behind me but I didn't look back. I got inside my house quick enough." I'll fucking kill that asshole if he hurts her. I sat quietly thinking about how I was going to hurt this Mason asshole.

"Let me know if you see him again," I replied calmer than I felt. She nodded.

"I will, Billie."