Two -

Rachel's POV -

After around an hour of just sitting with Nathan, the time came for him to go to work and for me to pick Steph up from Jess' house. It was going to be a boring evening tonight, just like it was every single evening, but I was used to it now and just accepted that it had to be done; otherwise Steph would never have the life that she needed and I would be all on my own again.

"You want me to drop you off at Jess'?" Nathan asked as he picked up what he needed for work and made sure he had his phone and his keys on him as well, he probably wouldn't be getting home until well after midnight tonight.

"No, I'm good thanks, I'll drive myself there today." I smiled, giving Nathan a kiss at the same time before he walked over to the front door.

"I'll see you later babe." Nathan replied.

"Yeah, I'll see you later. Oh, Nathan, I love you." I said.

"I love you too Rach, and just think about what I said, yeah?" Nathan answered, giving me a slight smile because I knew this wasn't the easiest thing in the world for him to even suggest; but he only wanted the best for our daughter and didn't want her to without her dad as she grew up.

"I'm always thinking about it, and I'm always not sure about it either." 

"I know babe, just think about Steph and what's best for her, we both know what she needs right now." Nathan replied.

"Look, I'm not promising anything, but I will think about it. Now, go to work before you're late." I laughed, pushing him out of the front door and closing it behind him as I did so; leaving me with nothing more than my thoughts and considerations as to what my next move should be right now.

According to Nathan, there was two options and I knew which one I wanted to avoid; I knew which one I didn't want to happen because I didn't want to be explaining to our daughter why she was never going to see her father again and I knew which one would cause hurt to so many more people than just myself.

Tom needed saving from himself before it was too late and he did something stupid, but I didn't understand why I was the one that had to be the one to do that. There were other people out there who could him get over me and stop this stupid behaviour, people who were qualified for this type of thing.

Me going back to him wasn't going to help him recover, it was only going to delay the process because he was only going to get used to me being back in his life and he was only going to return to the same habits when I left him to get on with my life with Nathan again.

There was no way I could win in this situation. 

I could either leave Nathan for good, just to help Tom get his life back on track. Or I could sit back and continue to watch Tom destroy his life, simply because I don't love him anymore and have moved on.

Before I made any decisions, I needed to see Tom for myself and I needed to talk to him. I needed to see for myself how bad he really was and if there was any hope for him. I grabbed my phone off the table and text Jess, hoping that she wouldn't mind keeping Steph with her for tonight while I did this - I'm sure she wouldn't mind, although she would want to know everything when we next met up.

To Jess:

Hey. Do you mind keeping Steph overnight, I've got some things that I need to do?xx

From Jess:

Hey. Sure she can stay here for the night, I'll drop her back tomorrow. But she's asking about Tom, what shall I tell her?xx