Thirteen -

"Do you, Nathan James Sykes, take Rachel Louise Jones to be your lawful wedded wife?" the vicar questioned as Nathan and Rachel stood at the alter together; it was a long road and it took them a while, but they made it there in the end.

"I do." Nathan replied with a massive grin on his face because, despite everything that had happened, he was happy that Rachel had picked him and not Tom; it meant that, in his eyes anyway, he had won and he had got everything that he wanted.

"And do you, Rachel Louise Jones take Nathan James Sykes to be your lawful wedded husband?" he asked, turning his attention top Rachel now.

Before she gave her answer, she looked around the people sitting in the church and the looks the different people wore on their faces - on Nathan's side of the church, it was all smiles and happiness, but on Rachel's side there was uncertainty and they didn't believe this is what she really wanted.

Her eyes then met Tom's and a single tear rolled down her cheek. He had done everything to prove that he loves her, but it still wasn't enough to change how everything turned out between the two of them. Rachel still went back to Nathan and decided he was the one she was going to marry; and Tom had accepted that.

He didn't bother arguing, and he didn't even think about shouting at her either. He just smiled and told her that he was happy for her.

"Rachel?" Nathan said, nudging her slightly and bringing her back to reality.

"I-I-I'm so sorry Nathan, but I can't do this. I can't marry you." Rachel said suddenly as she turned and walked back down the aisle, her bridesmaid following quickly after her, as they all disappeared from the church; allowing Rachel time to think about what had happened and if she had made the right choice afterall.

Rachel's POV -

"Rachel, slow down." one of the girls shouted after me, but I couldn't do this; I didn't want to marry Nathan at all. I thought I did, but I just can't seem to get over or forgive him for what he did to me.

If he was jealous then, he was always going to be jealous and he was always going to be questioning my every single move.

I didn't want that, and I didn't want Nathan either.

"Rachel. Please stop." my sister said as she finally caught up with me, while the other girls just stayed behind and allowed her to talk to me. "Just talk to me. Why did you just leave Nathan there?"

"Because, as I looked around that church, I realised that this isn't what I want. Nathan and his family are all happy, everyone I invited could tell that I was uncertain about this marriage in the first place and I'm the unhappiest I've been in a long time." I replied with tears rolling down my cheeks now, causing the make-up which I had around my eyes to also roll down my cheeks as well; it probably wasn't a pretty sight.

"Is this because of Tom?" Charlotte questioned me, pulling me into a comforting hug as she did so.

"It's always been because of Tom. It's him that I want, not Nathan."

"Even after everything that he put you through? He left you, with his child, and decided he would rather go out drinking all the time and sleeping with other women, rather than see his own daughter. Why would you still want him?" Charlotte asked.

See, I never actually told anyone that I was going on dates with Tom; even after I got back together with Nathan - all Tom ever did was apologise and tell me how bad he feels about everything that happened between the two of us. But, other than doing that all the time, he also proved to me just how much he still loved me and how much he was willing to do for both me and his daughter.