Learning Some of the Story

"Stori.....I...How much of that did you hear?," Mom asked.  "Does it matter?" Dad interrupted.  "You guys are hiding something from me. What is it?"  I was confused and scared and angry all at once, so I didn't know what else to say other than, "Who is Sqaishey? Who are you? What is all the arguing about? Why was David yelling?"  Dad cringed, as usual, when I mentioned David.  For the first time I wondered if it had to do with this.  "Who wants to do the honors and explain all this to Stori?"  Amy volunteered, "I'll tell her!  I always wanted to be the one to do it! Unless you want to take this one...Sqaishey?"  Mom looked as scared and confused as I felt.  "Stori, who do you want to tell you?"  This was easy. "Do you mind if Amy tells me Mom?"  She looked slightly relieved, "Go ahead Amy."

   Amy took me to my room, where my computer is.  We sat down next to it.  "Listen Stori, this isn't something as simple as a YouTube account or a Twitter. This is a little bigger."  I thought of a good question, "Is what I'm about to see going to change how I see you and Mom and Dad and David?"  For the first time ever, Amy cringed at the name David.  "What I'm going to show you explains a lot. When I say a lot, I mean why you can't get a twitter, a YouTube, or go into your dad's office."  Now I was scared, but I knew this would answer so many questions, so I didn't run out of the room.  "I'm also going to explain your walls to you, Stori."  That's when I started to look happier.

   "See the ducks? That's your Mom.  See the Cat in the tree? That's your Dad.  See the squids? That's David.  See that mermaid that you've loved since you were a tiny baby?  That's me."  I was VERY confused now.  She seemed to understand.  She turned to my computer, and I followed.  "Are you ready, Stori?"  I replied as bravely as I could, "I think so."  She got onto YouTube, something my parents have said for me to NEVER go onto.  "Am I allowed?" She replied, "This time."  I watched her type in Magic Animal Club.  She clicked on the first result, which was a picture of a cat and a squid minecraft skin.  This pulled up a lot of videos with familiar faces.  "This is the Magic Animal Club," Amy said, "That was us, back then.  We were Sqaishey Quack, Stampylongnose, iballisticsquid, and Amylee33."  I looked at the most recent video, two days ago. It showed Dad with a whiteboard in the background that read 'Let's Talk'.  "Want to see something even cooler?" I replied, "Why not?"