The Finale

A/N I'M SOOOOOOOO SORRY GUYSSS!!!!! I HAD HORRIBLE WRITERS BLOCK! Okay now I'm finishing this freaking story :)

_____________________________________

Before any of us could say another word, a man climbed in the window.  He held a gun.  

It was time.

We weren't ready.

We were all in silence. It was like someone pressed a mute button on the world.  

I looked at Ebby.  He stared at his father.  Addilyn made the first move.  She kicked her father in the stomach. Then she jumped out the window.  Her mother followed her. They ran, leaving the two of us behind.

When Ebby's dad recovered, he immediately went for me.  He grabbed me and as hard as I fought, I couldn't escape.  He held the gun to my head.

Ebby had a look of horror on his face. He didn't know what to do.

"Stop!" he yelled, running at his father.

I could hear the trigger being pulled. I heard the gun shoot.  Twice.  I braced myself for the pain to come. It never came. I felt myself being released.

I opened my eyes. I saw Ebby's father on the ground behind me. There was a bullet in his head. He was dead.

I looked across the room.

I saw something I never wanted to see.

Ebby had a bullet in his arm. He barely made it last time because he lost so much blood. He had barely any chance this time.

*One ambulance call and hospital trip and an hour after that later*

I sat in the waiting room. Alone.  My parents and Amy and Squid knew what was happening, but they went out of town tonight, so there wasn't anything they could do.

A nurse came in and told me I could see him. She told me that I might want to say my goodbyes.

I tried to hold in my tears as I walked into the hospital room.

Ebby had his eyes open. Barely.

"Hey Stori Bunny," he smiled.

"Hey Ebb.  How's it going?" I asked, sympathetically.

"Fine now that you're here," he replied still smiling.

"Are you gonna be okay?" I asked, knowing the answer would probably be no.

"I'm always okay. Are you gonna be okay, Stori?"

"Not if you..."

"You have to promise me that you'll be okay."

"I can't promise that."

"Please. I don't know what's gonna happen next but I need to know that you're gonna be okay if I die."

"But I'm not-"

He interrupted, "Promise me," he said, tears welling up in his eyes.

"I can't," I said, tears sliding down my cheek.

Suddenly a monitor started flashing red. A nurse ran in to check on it. She pushed me out of the room and locked the door. Lots of beeping came from the room.

I stood outside for an hour, or maybe two. I heard nothing but beeping from the room. Then, all the beeping stopped.  All that remained was one loud beep. The beep of a heart monitor. The beep of a flatline.

The nurse came out. She gave me the look to say that it was true. She told me she'd give me some privacy.

I stepped in the room and looked at his body. He could've very well been sleeping. I knew for a fact that wasn't the case. Then the monitor began beeping again. That meant his heart was beating. 

That can't be right.

It must be broken.

Then my Ebby Bunny opened his eyes.

"You thought you could get rid of me that easily," he said smiling.

________________________________

Did I make you cry?  Good. That was what I wanted.  Happy endings for everyone though!  Very sad to be ending this story, but kinda happy at the same time because I couldn't figure out how to end it, so this is a huge weight off my shoulders! Anyway, go check out my other stories now!

-Love you all sooooo much

Maddi xxx :) XD