Baby and Its Problems

Ebby and I hung out in the hospital waiting area, trying to keep entertained. We'd been there for 4 hours already.  We ended up playing a game where I would give him a character and place, and he had to make a story with them.  We'd seen a Sky Den episode where they did that, so it seemed pretty fitting.  Mom was sitting across the room from us, watching us play and laughing along.  Dad was outside the hospital room standing with Squid, trying to calm him down.  He didn't want to see Amy in pain, so he couldn't stay in the room the entire time.  He seemed to be panicking more than Amy was.  Amy was inside the door, having a little baby.  I was excited to know the gender.  They had left it as a surprise, as hard as it was for Amy.

     "How about a bunny in a carrot patch?"  Ebby said to me.   "Alrighty!  There once was a bunny in a carrot patch.  He yelled, 'OMG I LOVE CARROTS HOW DID THEY KNOW???'  Then, he ate a lot of carrots. The End.   Thank you and goodnight!"  Ebby laughed.  Dad walked over to us.  "The baby's been born! You guys want to go see your new cousin?"  We both agreed.

    We walked into the hospital room and the baby was being frantically checked.  No one really knew why.   Amy had tears rolling down her face.  Now that we looked, so did Squid.  Ebby and I exchanged nervous glances.  "So is it a girl or a boy?" I said, knowing very well that it was't the best time, but I had to know.  "It's a girl. Her name's Skye,"  Amy said between sobs, "but they have to amputate her arm."  I was horrified. "Why?"  Ebby and I said in unison.  The doctor explained, "The baby was born without any circulation whatsoever in her right arm.  She will most likely be fine-"  Squid stood up angrily and grabbed the doctor's shoulders. "What do you mean 'most likely?'  Will she be okay or not?"  The doctor sighed.  "Sit down, David.  We don't know."

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful

-Sqampycadetxox