Picnic

He led me, blindfolded,  for a very long way.  We couldn't ride skateboards or bikes because obviously I was blindfolded.  After what seemed like 400 miles, he told me to take off the blindfold.  I saw a beautiful grassy field, enclosed by trees.  There was a small, shallow river running down one side of it.  At the end of the river there was a small waterfall.  It looked like something straight out of a film.  That's what my life seemed like at the moment, a beautiful romance film.

"Ebb...."

"Amazing right?"

"Yep"

Ebby's POV

I knew what I had to do.  I brought her here for her birthday to have the time of her life, but I had to tell her.  It was going to eat me up inside until I did.  I set out a blanket and sat down the basket full of cakes and pastries.

"Are we having a picnic?"

"Yea. That was the plan."

We sat down.  It was bothering me like crazy.  It had to happen now, or I couldn't enjoy the rest of the celebration.

"Stori?"

"Yea?"

"I have to tell you something. Something pretty bad."

"What do you mean?"

"Like life or death situation."

"Oh..."

"Can I? It concerns you, well both of us, quite a lot."

"Alright. Tell me, Ebb."

I sat there, working up the nerve to tell her.  I didn't want her to run away.  I didn't want her to try and hide.  I wanted her to just be simply ready.  He was coming soon.  I knew it.

"You know when my dad was shot...you know the night we met?  He wasn't..." I trailed off. I should be happy that my dad's alive, but not now.  She was in danger as long as I'm here.

"Ebby? Ebby!  You're crying!  Ebb, please tell me!  What about your dad?"

"That wasn't my dad," I said as strongly as I could muster.  I didn't want to start full on sobbing in front of her.

"Ebby...That's...Wow."

"I know."

"Have you heard from your dad?"

"No but he knows where I am. He always does.  That's what I needed to talk to you about.  Stori..." I started crying a bit harder.

"Ebby, we are going to get through this together! We'll get him arrested and everything will be okay again, alright?"

"No. We won't get through this together.  I'm leaving, Stori.  He'll kill both of us if he finds us, so he's only going to find me.  I risked my life for you once and lived.  I'm going to risk it again, but the outcome may be a bit different."

MWAHAHAHA CLIFFHANGERSSSSSS