VIII

You winced and violently moved away from the deathly bloody cotton ball that had been soaked in alcohol. It wasn't surprising that they had people to attend to everyone that got a beaten on from the Fiends in the Arena.

"That fucking burns." You glared at the medic who was giving you an unamused and unsympathetic gaze before dabbing a white but still soaked cotton ball all over the wounds on your face. Another person was preoccupied on any severe open wounds. One had been over your right eye, it was split open and bleeding all over the place.

You figured that the one messing around with that one was a SOLDIER, or at least someone with the SOLDIER injection. They were using some pretty high level white magic.

Their lips twitched slightly before lowering their hands, stained in your blood before getting a rag to gently dab against your skin. The other person focusing on the possibility or well, the fact that you definitely had a concussion.

"You know, your father sustained the very same injury during the war. I think from a Drake, right Wedge?"

The disgruntled man who was checking your head snorted. "He wasn't a pussy when it came to treatment though." You glared towards him until there was a icy feeling in your head. "Gonna give you some meds, don't sleep until your regular time. That," The man named Wedge pointed towards your eye, the right eye was swollen but you were able to keep it open slightly.

"Will be a slight scar, unlike your pops you'll be able to use it still."

Nodding slightly you sighed and looked down at your blooded hands, finding a nail missing and bruises appearing all over your arm. You could only guess at what was going on with the rest of your body. "I still can't believe that Braig," You looked over to the medic that dealt with your eye.

Wedge snorted and used alcohol wipes to wash off his hands. "We were in the same war as him Biggs, I can actually believe it."

Biggs stood up and helped you up as well, steeding yourself as your hand flew to your hand as it throbbed in pain. "Fucking turks, you deserve SOLDIER like your old man an mom."

Breathing slowly you looked back towards the Arena, it was Marluxia who was up and moving the scythe that was larger than his own body pretty well. You made the Turks instead of SOLDIER, it sickened you.

Some people were beginning to think that Braig it had it out for you already, giving you Turks when you could hear that some people thought you deserved SOLDIER. God your head hurt.

Biggs started to wrap up your left forearm with bandages, you weren't listening on the reason why he was doing it. Something about it needing support or maybe you had saw a different open wound. Instead you were watching Braig from the hallway, you hated that man with a burning passion.

"The war. Did you all know my dad?" You whispered softly as Wedge was beginning to look after someone on a cot, another newly appointed turk. He glanced up with a far off distance look.

His partner looked up with a similar distant look on his face. "Saïx, Braig, Wedge and I plus your pops were all on the same team during the war. We were considered to be one of the greatest teams out there. Wedge and I only came onto the team when your mother left... Saïx was the last guy to have seen your dad."

Sapphire eyes looked back into the auditorium towards the blue haired instructor, curious about him. It was difficult to believe that the two men in there had known your father. You smiled little and said good bye to Biggs and Wedge before walking back over towards Elena who had yet to go.

"SOLDIER, Nabu."

Elena looked up with surprise and quickly stood up in order to help you sit down in your original spot, placing your jacket around your shoulders. A frown was glued onto her face. "Gods, I can't believe no one stepped in..." Elena murmured as she was eyeing the to be eye scar. "Ew."

Chuckling softly made your chest feel like that the Drake decided to take a seat on it. "I hear that women love men with scars." After that you went silent and blankly watched the exam continue onward. Despite taking Denzel's form it made you wonder, would this actually stick?

Eventually you found that majority of the people that you knew were sorted into the Turks, expect Maur and Ruluf who made SOLDIER alongside Marluxia.

Marluxia waited for you, Elena and Emma and shortly everyone was joined by Cissnei who was put into Turks. Marluxia was lucky enough not to have been beaten up too bad, neither had Elena and Cissnei. Both women had long distance weapons that saved them by surviving with a couple of scrapes and bruises.

"Giving you the Turks, no offense Emma but," Marluxia looked at you with a sorrow filled gaze, since he figured ever since he found out who your father was that you most likely wanted to join SOLDIER as he did. "you're better suited in SOLDIER then some group of people who are basically unpaid interns."

Emma's face brightened to a hot red as her head whipped towards Marluxia. "What was that, flower boy?" You weren't expecting for Emma to come off as a forceful woman, then again everyone had deceiving looks.

That left you, Cissnei and Elena to simply sigh at the two's antics. Cissnei had a soft smile on her face despite the fact that her body was tense beyond belief. She was happy that everyone was able to get along with one another despite some having known one another for a total of couple hours between different interactions.

Her soft blue eyes looked over towards you, peering past Elena's head. You looked worse for wear, especially with your swollen eye. Cissnei bit her bottom lip suddenly feeling a throbbing pain behind her right eye. Sympathy pain, that's what her father would call it. It was odd to see you receive the same identical injury to your fathers, it was ironic actually.

Your left brow twitched as there was a spasm of pain coursing through your skull, wondering whether it was from the new injury or concussion. You silently agreed that it was probably both injuries, you desperately wanted to touch the newly curaja sewn together eye injury but feared that it may reopen and become infected.

"Do either of you have any pain killers?" You looked at Elena and Cissnei's faces to find that Cissnei was in deep thought meanwhile Elena tore her eyes away from her sister and Marluxia.

The pink haired man and the blonde woman continued to argue in the background as if it was some type of show while the three of you talked amongst each other.

Elena nodded her head with a sympathetic look on her face. "I think I packed some before Emma and I left. Cissnei and I dorm together along with another student named Judet, she seems nice."

The three of you silently walked away from the feuding Turk and SOLDIER.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The bathroom door closed with a click, hearing Cissnei and Elena talking on the other side in the 'living' area of the dorm. You had excused yourself from the duo thanking Elena as you took her pain meds and walked into the bathroom.

[Colour] eyes stared at the bottle before finding familiar [colour] locks framing your messed up face. You didn't want to see 'yourself' until you were a SOLDIER like your father but, the new eye injury was a good reason to check.

Scrubbing your hands in hot water, steam began to rise into the air as the water was kept on. Gently you raised two delicate fingers to probe the hot red irritated flesh a couple of inches from the actual wound.

The injury kept to your face like a tumor. Slowly you shifted yourself into different forms, Denzel, Cissnei, your Mother, hesitantly... your father.

His scar was longer.

Slowly you felt everything return back to being you, the normal you.

A burning sensation pricked against your eyes it was hard willing yourself not to cry and get it into the wound. Maybe when it healed up then you could hide it, then again... your dad never tried to hide his.

Turning off the water with a single nudge of the handle, then opening the pain medication. Shrugging your shoulders you knocked back three pills and swallowed dryly.