XVI

It wasn't long before word began to spread around the campus about a new event. The fact that Marluxia removed himself from the SOLDIER program willingly and for the fact that you had replaced him, by name apparently.

You didn't learn any of this until that following Sunday from when Marluxia learned about the truth of you. It was strange, the fact that everyone was aware of who you were now. Well, not everyone, but Cissnei and Marluxia knowing did help though with your anxiety and stress.

On Sunday you were called into the infirmary.

The nurse smiled at you, vials sat on the tray next to one of the cots that you vividly remember being in not just a month ago when all of this started. Raising a brow, you crossed your arms over your chest. "What's this about?"

Instead the nurse frowned at you, looking down at her chart. "You're Denzel [Surname], right?"

Hesitantly, you nodded your head.

Sighing, the nurse laid down her chart. "There is a request by HQ that they need your blood on file because of the SOLDIER program." You went tense in that very second. Your entire life mother was always keeping you away from having blood drawn, of course you knew your blood type but that didn't mean anyone else had to know about it.

It would be plastered everywhere on databases of what was swimming in your veins. Instead, you shook your head. "I can't, I have a thing about needles." You decided to slowly back out, "If I bleed during training, then that's the only time you'll get blood."

Quickly you got out of there, leaving a nurse in disbelief about what just unfolded in front of her. "Gods, Shin Ra gets a lot of unique ones.." Her voice murmured off while she went off to do something else.

Getting out of the main school building was something that you never imagined feeling so amazing. You hated needles of course but what would you do about it? Eventually they were going to hold you down and take the blood by force. You were thinking about the time when they would be giving everyone Jenova Shots, so that would be the time that they probably take blood before injecting you.

Looking up at the sky and sighing, this was going to be a long while.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Time quickly passed after being transferred into the SOLDIER program. Fridays were especially busier. It was strange seeing Braig all the time, but he always had a wicked sadistic look on his face. Reasoning? You had no clue.

Seeing Maur and Ruluf was a little bit strange, though Emma was more excited with the fact that you were finally in the program.

It was tougher of course compared to the Turks' program, but it was worth it. Xehanort was always watching each training session, every friday like clock work.

You came to realize using materia was actually difficult, as if it would send a disturbance through your body because of the fact you could use it naturally.

You heard from Denzel every now and then, he was getting better at handling himself while you were away. He kept you updated on everything, everything that he did, that your mother did. You told him about the fact Cissnei and Marluxia knew of your secret.

He was worried, he was genuinely worried.

Days flew into weeks and a couple of weeks flew into the last week in Slyth, right before Shiva. You weren't sure if the school would let their students go home to visit their families for the winter holiday. You wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

Thankfully though, it was a true four day weekend starting on Wednesday. For the holiday break, Thanksgiving.

It was Tuesday night, which meant that everyone on campus was relaxing and running around with nothing to do. Thanks to the fact that there were no more classes, no material for the weekend. Everyone was able to relax and heal up those bruises.

You and Marluxia were spending more time together in Cissnei's apartment, it was interesting when time to time that both you and Cissnei would catch Judet and Marluxia getting friendly with one another.

"So, [Name]!" Cissnei chirped, the two of you were sitting on the bed in her dorm room. The door was usually kept closed and was even better was the fact that no one in Cissnei's apartment would barge straight into each other's rooms without knocking.

You were lucky that Tseng wasn't that type of person but it never stopped Marluxia. Especially now since he knew your secret. There were a couple of comical times when you decided against transforming back and forth. So Marluxia was either greeted by Denzel or by You.

At one point the pink haired male had asked you to transform in front of him, back and forth. You were confused though when there was a sudden nose bleed.

He began to knock on the door after that point.

Laying on Cissnei's bed, you were wearing two sports bras on just to deflate the appearances of your breasts as you laid there like yourself. There was feminine qualities obvious but if Cissnei's roommates just glanced they wouldn't think much of it.

You glanced back at the redhead, her back was up against the headboard. Both of you were in the middle of watching a game show, Marluxia had been watching until he went out to talk with Judet about something.

There was sly smile across the Turk woman's face and you weren't quite sure if you should feel nervous or not. Raising a [colour] brow, you tried to ignore the screams of the contestants on the vid screen. "Yes, Cissnei?"

The young woman had a sly look across her face, one that you knew held reasoning behind it. "You know, since it's a long weekend. We could go out! Leave for a little bit!" The redhead jumped up out of the bed, standing in the center of her room.

You wanted to smile, you wanted to be happy and agree. On the other hand, would anyone be allowed to leave the town during the break? Leave and go out? You snorted and laid on your back. "Are we allowed to leave, ya know? I mean, sure it is a long weekend. Yet would the Academy allow it's students to leave the limits?" [Colour] eyes squinted to the ceiling, it was a tad difficult to tell what may happen.

Cissnei caught your look and how heavy your words sounded. She grinned. "Emma gathered fourteen of us. She told the Academy that she is requesting to give us a leave. I'm not quite sure she picked us."

There was shock rippling through you, sitting up with the help of your elbows. "Seriously? Fourteen of us?"

Cissnei chuckled, moving about the room as she found a small red wine coloured suitcase to start packing her things. "Believe me, apparently there's a name for the fourteen of us. They've dubbed some of us as a group, the Crisis Core."

You smirked at the name, sitting up the entire way with your feet on the ground now. "Where would we be going?"

Giggling, you watched Cissnei pull something out the top of her dresser. You were surprised at the light red two piece bathing suit.

"Port Royale!"