XXV

Even in the late afternoon glow, Zanarkand didn't lose it's spark of social and city life. Following the discussion about becoming a 'Guardian' of one of Yu Yevon's daughters, Shuyin volunteered himself to at least introduce you to Yu Yevon.

Walking side by side Shuyin, you realized that he was a pretty relaxed guy. He had a little bit more structure than Tidus,  you gathered that from the fact that Shuyin was involved with the Zanarkand Military versus being a Blitzball star. From the training that you were receiving from the Academy, it was easy to notice that Shuyin wasn't exactly relaxed entirely, he was simply on a low reserve of 'gruffness'.

If that was even a stage to be quite honest.

You didn't blame the guy, it was easy and rather quick for you to notice that you weren't exactly relaxed either. There was an edge to the way that you were looking around, the way that your eyes lingered on a face or an alleyway longer than usual. You were ready, you were ready for a fight, a battle, a war even.

This wasn't how you wanted your life to be.

Stretching your arms up into the air, you glanced up to Shuyin. "So, what's Yevon's daughters like?" You could hear Shuyin humming as if he was acknowledging your question before looking down at you. The way that he smiled, you could see the ease even if it didn't reach his eyes. You could feel it, he was nervous as well.

You were chalking it up to the idea that Bevelle might try something with Zanarkand, just like they did with Radiant Garden, Traverse Town and Port Royale. "Lord Yevon has two daughters, Lady Yunalesca is his eldest daughter. I'm not sure if you know in Spira, Zanarkand is the location where people can come and learn how to summon Aeons. Lady Yunalesca is one of the most powerful summoners next to her father."

Nodding your head slowly, you weren't aware of this 'Summoning Arte'. "Summoning? I don't think we have anything like that in the Kingdom."

His blue eyes widened slightly to look down at you almost stopping for a brief moment. "Really?"

This time you hummed while nodding your head, stopping for a minute to look at a stall along the side of the street. "I mean, maybe there were some summoners in the war. But nothing was reported or anything you know?" You turned your head to look at Shuyin. "We don't know the process. Not like we can learn either way."

Shuyin found himself at a loss, summoning was a cultural thing across Spira even if someone had to travel to Zanarkand to learn about it. You were part of that culture without being raised in it, for Shuyin to know this but... like you mentioned a few times already -- you weren't raised in Spira like your father had been.

Shaking himself from his thoughts Shuyin could only nod his head continuing his walk with you. "Then there's Lenne, Lady Yunalesca's younger sister." You listened to the young man beside you, curiosity bubbling up when you glanced to his face. There was a gleaming light in his eyes, the way that there was an extra twitch of his mouth a bigger smile.

You swallowed the lump in your throat and kept quiet a little longer.

"She's a summoner as well, as you might have guessed.  Lenne isn't in many ceremonial events unless it's a city wide thing." Shuyin heaved a small sigh while rubbing his neck, eyes downcast. "Lenne has always enjoyed singing more than summoning or religious affairs."

There was a moment of silence, you processed everything that was swimming around all of the information on Yu Yevon's children. Spirits, you hoped that you wouldn't need to pick on who to escort to Bevelle but... "So, its Lenne, not Lady Lenne?"