Chapter Ten

Madi's POV

I creeped towards the room I've always dreaded. I never did imagine telling my parents about my pregnancy, but if I wanted to become a better person, well this is where to start. Opening the door, I peered in to see my mother sitting up in bed reading a book, while my father sat in a chair across the room skimming through his laptop. When I revealed my body, they both looked up in surprise. 

"Madison, what are doing up so late?" My father grunted from his chair. I bravely took another step, tucking my hair behind my ears. 

"Is everything alright?" My mother asked, closing her book, eyes filled with concern. 

"You guys will always love me right?" I asked barely audible. 

"Of course, Madi. You'll always be our little girl," My mother said smiling up at me. 

I sighed, "Well I'm-I'm pregnant." I closed my eyes tightly, waiting for the yelling and beating to begin, but none of it came. I opened my eyes a crack to see my mother's face white with shock and my father just staring at me. 

It was my dad who finally broke the silence, "Well, if you're so grown up now, I think you better move in with your boyfriend, and he should take care of you." 

My mother still stayed silent as my father continued, "I want you out of the house by morning, you can have breakfast, but after that's all over, you'll have to find another place to stay." With that, he returned to his laptop and my mother's eyes still watched me but her mouth never opened. 

Lucy's POV 

As I sipped from my mug of cocoa, I decided to let my dad know what happened to Matt. Walking in just my robe, I slowly walked down the long corridor that Matt and I never go in. Opening the last door on the left, I creaked the door open to see a room that looked as if a tornando had swarmed it. Dad must have already gone back to work. 

Wanting to see the personal life of the man who once loved me, I shuffled through endless stacks of bills, paychecks and letters that were hardened from teardrops that were once written by my mother. I was about to leave the room, until two dusted envelopes revealed themselves from the corner of my eye. They were sitting on the edge of the desk with one adressed to Matt's, and the other adressed to me.

I must have spent an eternity staring at the envelopes, deciding whether to open them or not, because before I knew it, they were being torn away from me. 

"Lucy what are you doing in here?" A man standing in front of me questioned. As I looked closer, he had an overgrown beard, that just laid across his face, his eyes held no life, but yet still had it's dark chocolate color. I didn't get to say anything, because before I knew it, I was being dragged out into the hall, followed by a door slamming in my face. 

I think I just saw my dad. 

Madi's POV 

As I ate the last pieces of my mother's sweet French Toast, I rose from my seat and slowly rinsed my plate. Setting it down, I held my head high as I walked past my father. 

"Well, thank you for supporting me through my life." I said, looking him straight in the eye. Pursing my lips, I added, "You've been a great daddy, and I'm sorry that I couldn't be that princess you've wanted me to be." 

Slowly, he lifted his head to meet my gaze, his mouth opening slowly then closing. Shrugging, I strode towards the front door and as I opened the door, he called, "Don't let the door hit you on the way out." 

"I won't, who knows dad, this might just be the best thing that's happened to me." With that, I shut the front door, officially making me an outcast. I have no idea where I'm going, but I just know that I can't go back and especially not to Lucy.