Chapter Eight

Lucy's POV

The cookout lasted for about an hour, until we all felt little droplets of water shower over us. Everyone rushed inside, taking some food with them as well. Realizing we got rained out, Perrie suggested watching a movie until the rain passed. 

"I don't feel like watching a movie, how about we play tag?" I piped up, as Niall wrapped his arm around me. We were on the couch, figuring out what to do in the stormy weather. 

"Uh, no." Harry said, wiping his wet curls to the side, "Not in the house." 

I laughed, "Who said we were playing inside the house?" Everyone looked at me as if I were a giant unicorn that had wings. 

"I'm in!" Louis shouted, jumping off the couch, startling Eleanor who had been sleeping in his lap.

"Count us in too," Zayn called, but Perrie cut him off. 

"I think I'm going to stay in," She replied, going into the kitchen. 

"You're going to miss out..." Zayn chimed. 

We looked at Harry and Liam, they looked at eachother, shrugged and said, "Yeah, why not." 

"Great," I smiled and yelled at the top of my lungs, "NOT IT!" It was automatically followed by numerous one's but one was just slightly later than the rest. 

"Niall's out!" Louis screeched as we all deserted the blonde haired boy in the living room. I closed my eyes as the tiny droplets of water left little kisses on my body, soaking through my dress. I felt someone tug my wrist, as I let them lead me through the blurry maze. 

Suddenly, they jerked to a stop, letting me ram into the person's broad shoulders, "Sorry love, but it's hard to see in all this rain," I heard Harry's voice whisper quiet enough for Niall not to hear, but loud enough for me to hear him through the endless pitter-patter of the showers, "We'll just hide out here," He continued, seating me under the protective branches of a tree. 

I looked up to him grateful, "Thanks Harry," I shivered, I could feel my whole body tremble with coldness, as strings of  my hair clutched onto my face. 

"Are you cold?" Harry asked warily, "We can go back inside."

"N-no, I'm f-fine," I muttered, trying to conserve what little body heat I had left in me. Why couldn't we just watch the movie? Before I knew what was happening, Harry scooted closer to me and wrapped both of his arms around my waist, resting his chin on my head, his wet curls tickling my face. "H-harry," I whined. He was surprisingly warm, as I melted into the warmth of his chest. 

"Lucy, your freezing," He retorted, "I'm just trying to help." 

I buried my face in his soaked shirt, "You're so warm," I mumbled. Harry laughed, his chest moving up and down as he squeezed me tighter. 

"So, are you and um, Niall...?" His voice went an octave higher when he Niall's name slipped out of his mouth. 

I shook my head, "I don't think so," I felt his body relax, "Why?" 

"Oh, nothing. I was just wondering," He said, leaning against the sturdy bark of the tree. That's when I saw a boy with dirty blonde hair squinting through the curtain of the rain. Hoping that the tree's low branches will conceal us, Niall stopped midways to stare at the tree. Uh-Oh. 

Niall came to walk up to the tree to take a closer look, and to avoid any mishaps from occuring, I leaped up from Harry's lap and scampered away from the shielding branches of the trees, Niall hot on my trail. I thought I had lost him, until I felt a large body tackle me by the waist, knocking the breath out of me as my head hit the grassy ground. 

"Hey Lucy," Niall smirked, his wet hair sticking to his forehead, his warm breath hitting my face, as he kept two arms on each side of me, to prevent me from escaping, the rain still beating hard down on us. 

I chuckled nervously, "Well since you caught me, I think I'll just head back inside..." I tried pushing agaisnt his sturdy chest, but he wouldn't budge. 

"I don't think so," Niall said, pecking me on the lips, just letting it linger for a few moments more than necessary. I felt goosebumps flow throughout my body, as my stomach began doing saumersaults. Not wanting him to go any further, I wrapped my arms around his neck and stared into his eyes that sparkled with excitement. "Kiss me," He murmered. 

Not thinking, I brought him closer to my lips as his warm pink lips, hovered just above my cold ones as he waited. When all of a sudden...

"Niall and Lucy in the grass K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" We heard Louis' voice echo from the patio door. We both untangled eachother from our hold, Niall glaring at Louis as my cheeks flooded with embarassment. 

Harry's POV

When Lucy jumped off of my lap, and sprinted into the rain, I saw Niall immediatly chase after her. Lucy tried losing him through the rain, but it began to light up a bit, making it clearer for Niall to see. My heart dropped to my stomach when I saw him tackle Lucy to the ground, and they spent an eternity just gazing into eachother's eyes. As he pecked her on the lips, jealousy filled me. When she locked her arms around his neck, to bring him closer to her, despair filled me. 

Not knowing what else to do, I caught Louis' attention and motioned towards the bodies in my yard. Just as I expected, he had screamed at the top of his lungs, ruining the romantic sceneary. We were all inside, warming by the fire, since we couldn't take the cold anymore. 

"LOU!" Eleanor scolded, slapping his arm. "Leave them alone," She sighed staring at Niall and Lucy longingly. 

Louis looked at her with raised eyebrows and back to the rain. Without any warning, he pulled El by the wrist, leading her out into the showering water. Confusion filled her eyes as she was about to say something, but Louis cut her off by covering her lips with his. 

"Aww," We all chimed. I could see the both of them smiling into the kiss as we saw Niall come in between them, breaking the kiss. I laughed as Louis shoved Niall's chest and yelled, "What was that for?" 

Niall replied simply, "Payback." As he and Lucy both entered, the house water sliding down their bodies, with Louis and Eleanor following them, their hands interlocked.