Chapter Two

As Madi and I arrived at the party, I instantly wondered why someone would want to trash such a beautiful home. It was a large two story ranch styled home, with a vast picture perfect green lawn and was located in a more respectable part of the neighborhood. 

"Madi, I don't about this, how about I just wait here," I asked, staring down at my hands, "Besides, Matt probably needs me to help him with his..."

"Lu, no! You're gonna go in, get wasted, dance with a few guys and maybe you know, then we can leave," Madi bantered while applying her tenth coat of lipgloss on.

I threw my hands up in frustration, and walked into the enourmous home, when Madi suddenly steered me towards what seemed to be the living room. 

"Hi Eleanor!" Madi waved at a girl, who I have never seen before, with long, flowing dark brown hair and eyes to match. 

"Hey Madi, come sit," Eleanor motioned for the both of us to join her. "Louis went somewhere with the boys, but they should be back shortly." I sat across from Eleanor, while Madi took the remaining seat by her. 

Madi gestured towards me and said, "El, this is Lucy, she's a friend of mine's and Lucy this is Eleanor, she works with me at the cafe." I just nodded sullenly at the two of them until Maddie got up and said, "Well ladies, I'm off to have fun," she announced emphasizing the fun and looking at me, "Try to have fun Lu, I'll catch up with you later," she whispered while hugging me tightly. 

Eleanor maunevered her way to my side of the couch and asked, "Are you still in school?" 

"Yeah, I just finished my junior year," I replied, adjusting the top of my scandal looking thing that Madi calls a dress. 

She ran her fingers through her soft hair, "My boyfriend has a few friends who are still in highschool," She sighed, "Sometimes he even acts like one, but I love him for it," Eleanor smiled at the last part of her sentence, and seemed lost in thought about her perfect relationship with her boyfriend. We began talking as if we knew each other for ages, cracking up at the lamest jokes, giving each other comforting advice and just talking about the most random things. We went from talking about her boyfriend, whether or not we can taste farts. 

"El, I don't think it's possible to taste one's fart," I replied uncomfortably.

"Okay, but since we can smell it, don't you think that we're able to taste it?" Only I didn't get to defend my thought, because her gaze shifted from my eyes to the right of my head. 

Her eyes lit up as she sprang off the cozy sofa and ran towards a boy with brown shaggy hair and seemed extremely intoxicated. "Hi Lou," Eleanor purred. Her boyfriend's arms snaked around her thin waist, as he pecked her on the lips sloppily, earning a disgusted look from El. 

Looking at me desperatly, she dragged Lou over towards me and said, "Lucy this is my boyfriend Louis, and Lou, this is Lucy."

"Nice to meet you-"

"Hey! We can have the same nicknames!" Louis slurred loudly, draping his large body frame against Eleanor's tiny one. 

"Sorry, he gets really wasted at big parties like these," Eleanor said sheepishly looking up at the sleeping giant on her shoulder, "Can you help me carry him upstairs?" 

"Of course, I mean I've got nothing else to do." After we found Louis a comfortable room with no people in it, if you know what I mean, El and I decided to have some fun. 

"Let's be teasers tonight Lucy," It was around 2 a.m, and the party was still going strong. The vast ocean of sweaty bodies seems to just be getting bigger, the music could probably still be heard a couple streets away and the aroma of alcohol and smoke still filled my lungs when I took the tiniest gasp of air.