Chapter Twelve

Lucy's POV 

I was walking down the busy streets of the city, as I had a few errands to run. I hated this part of town, it was always so crowded, the smell of smoke always followed me and I could never walk a block without someone stepping on me.

Hurrying along the sidewalk, I could see a group of prostitutes ahead of me, posing with the little clothes to cover them up. Looking down shamefully, I brushed past them until one of them caught my arm. 

"Lu?" I heard a familiar voice ask me. I looked up, but couldn't recognize the face, but she sounded so familiar. 

"Do-do I know you?" I asked nervously, trying to pull my arm free. 

Her eyes welled with tears, mascara and eyeliner streaking her pale cheeks, "Lucy, it's me. Madi!" The woman was dressed in a tight dark dress, that was barely covering her butt and the top cut extremely low. She had on four inch heels and her face was caked with makeup, making her utterly, abnormally gorgeous. 

I don't know why, but I shook my head sadly and whispered, "I'm sorry but I think you have the wrong person." 

She sobbed even more, "Lucy, help me. Please, help me. I'm so scared."

But again, I shook me head, "I-I'm sorry miss, but you have the wrong person, I don't know anyone named Madi." With that, I tugged my arm free, leaving the beautiful woman standing alone with the rest of the women, in tears. Not looking back, I continued walking down the busy streets. 

I woke up, in a sweat, and realized that I had been slightly crying. Why did I deny her? It's been a few days since Madi had left, and I still didn't hear anything from her. It's as if she's living a totally different life, with a new best friend. 

With Matt and Madi gone, I felt lonlier than ever. The past few days just consisted of me, waking up late, watching T.V, sleeping some more and my online social life. This was my daily routine, and I haven't even received any sign of communication from Niall. Maybe kissing him back at the lake wasn't such a great idea after all. My phone chimed. Picking it up, I saw a new message from Niall. Yay...

From Niall: 

Heyy Princess, carnival is in town...wanna go?:))

Relieved, I texted him back. 

To Niall: 

Oh my goshh!! Yes!! When are we going??

I almost received another text back in the same minute, saying that he'll pick me up at six. If this were a normal day, I would have told Madi to come over and help me decide on what to wear. She would have been so happy to see me move on. I always wonder where she is, or what she's doing at the exact moment. 

***********************************************************************************************************

When six p.m. finally rolled around, I heard Niall ring the doorbell. Adjusting my outfit (A/N, outfit on the side.) I happily opened the door for him. 

Grinning, he said, "Wow, you-you look cute." Niall blushed a little as he said the last part of his sentence, and led us to the car, where he strapped me in. 

Driving to the carnival, he said, "So, what do you think about Harry?" 

Confused, I looked at him and answered cooly, "He's a great friend." 

"So you like him?" He said bitterly. What just happened??

"What? No, I said that he's a great FRIEND." I ran my fingers through my long, dark hair, frustrated. 

"Okay, whatever." He said bluntly. What the hell is wrong with him? We haven't even gotten to the carnival yet, and I'm already wanting to go back home. 

Arriving, Niall bought our tickets and immediately went straight to the food tent. After ordering deep fried twinkies, some burgers, fries, cotton candy and a tunnel roll, I suggested playing games, to give our food to digest a little. 

"Let's play that one!" Niall exclaimed, rushing over to a booth where you have to knock down all the pins to win a giant teddy bear. Trailing behind him, I saw that it would be almost impossible to do, considering the way it was stacked. 

"I'll take a turn," Niall announced to the young worker. Handing him the balls, the worker explained the game. Standing aside, the worker signaled for Niall to go. 

Throwing with a full swing, Niall aimlessly missed, causing the ball to ricochet off the backboard and just missing the worker. Slamming his fist, Niall cussed, "Shit, I almost had it...I'll take another one." He said, handing the money to the worker. 

Glaring, the worker retrieved Niall another ball and stood even further away from his original spot. 

"Don't miss," I teased. 

Pausing, Niall looked to me and said, "If I win this, you have to kiss me, on the lips, but if I miss then I'll leave you alone." 

"Hmm, you're on Horan." I said smirking. There was no way he could make it, not with the last throw he did. Focusing on his target, Niall pulled his arm back, ready to throw and released. Surprised, he actually hit the pins, but didn't knock down all three to win the prize.

Looking at me with upset eyes, he said, "Well I'll be damned." 

"Why?" And with that, I locked my hands around his neck and covered his soft, pink lips with mine. It was a sugary kiss from the cotton candy we shared earlier. He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me in closer to him. It's funny, I imagined having this kiss at the top of the Ferris Wheel, overlooking the entire carnival like normal people. I felt him smile into the kiss, and as I pulled away, he was still smiling like an idiot. But if he's an idiot, then I guess you could say I'm in love with an idiot. 

"Hey! Keep it moving you two!" We heard the booth worker scold us. 

In a daze, Niall moved out of the way, apoligizing. Walking away from the booth empty handed, we once again tangled our hands together. Niall and I walked throughout the carnival just like that, not caring where we go, but as long as we have each other, then we're fine. 

"Let's get more food," Niall said, walking in the direction towards the food tent.

"Niall, we ate like literally a half hour ago," I complained, but still walked with him. 

"Well, it's just a quick bite." 

Yeah some 'quick bite' he ended up buying the same amount of food we had eaten earlier, only he ate it all by himself.