Chapter Eleven

As the sun was setting, we decided to pack up and dry off. I was loading some cargo into the back of the van with Niall and as we closed the door, he asked, "Can I show you something?" 

Unsure, I just nodded. With my response, he intertwined our hands and lead the way to a little trail that was covered in tangled vines, and weeds that hid most of the trail. The verdant evergreen trees towered over us, shielding us from the sun's setting rays. 

"Watch your step," Niall called out as we had to cross a large, slippery tree trunk covered in moss. We had been walking for only five minutes, but I began to get worried. Where in the world is this boy taking me? Because if you ask me, when a boy takes a girl deep into the woods, nothing good ever happens. 

"Niall where are we going?" I complained.

We had rounded a cluster of trees and Niall whispered, "We're here."  There was a little clearing that overlooked a private part of the lake. A single tree stood in the middle, and on it's thickest branch, hung a little wooden swing, that looked as if it hadn't been touched in years, and yearned for that attention again. It's ropes were wrapped beautifully in vines, from the many years it has been abandoned. Niall walked towards the swing and stared out into the lake, in deep thought. 

"Niall...this place is beautiful," I said in awe, as I looked up into the trees, the sun just peaking between the leaves. 

"This is where my mother took me every Saturday, until...well you know," He said, almost to himself. 

"Niall I'm so sorry," I said but was cut off. 

"She said that this would always be our special place and that no one can take that away from her." He fingered the elegant vine on the ropes of the swing with his index finger as he continued, "We came here and talked about almost anything we wanted to, sometimes we didn't even leave until night came." He paused, as if trying to bring back the memories he once shared with his mother. Niall sat by the azure water and motioned for me to join him, "I haven't been here since I was twelve," Looking into the reflection of the water, he continued, "And I was waiting for a special person to share this with," His deep ocean blue eyes bore into my plain brown ones as he continued, "And I think I found her." 

We leaned in closer to each other, our lips just inches away. Not thinking, I leaned in and lightly kissed his lips. With no one to disturb us this time, we were able to do what we've always wanted to. His lips were incredibly soft, and as I pulled away, Niall cupped the back of my neck so I couldn't escape. I wrapped my arms around the nape of his neck, running my fingers through his messy blonde hair. I felt sparks fly throughout my body, as my stomach did somersaults over and over again. It was nothing that I've ever felt before, and not even Nathan could conjure these emotions from inside of me. 

Taking a break, I pulled away but only far enough to look into his beautiful blue eyes. "From now on, this is our special place Lucy, and no one can take that away from us. No one."  

I smile up at him and kissed his cheek, "As much as I hate to say it, I think we should head back to the others." Helping me up, Niall lead the way back to the main entrance where the others were waitng for us. 

Eleanor raised here eyebrows, "What were you two doing?" 

"Lucy lost a bracelet back at the lake...I went with her to try and find it," Niall said smoothly.

Eleanor shrugged it off, but Louis was more suspicious than his girlfriend and wouldn't stop sending me guilty looks. Harry on the other hand was terrifyingly quiet on the ride back. 

I may have not known it back then, but that was the day I fell head over heels for Niall Horan. And no one really knows how hard it was to cope without him. 

*****************************************************************************************************

Matt's POV 

Trudging down four blocks isn't as easy as I expected it would be. It turns out that Kaylee lives just up the street where Jillian is, and said that she'll take me to the graveyard and show me her grandparents. It's weird, I know. 

Entering the little cottage, I saw Jillian in the kitchen, furiously flipping through a recipe book. Seeing me, she stopped her cooking and rushed towards me, "Matthew, what are you doing here?" She said, ruffling my hair. 

"I don't want to stay with Lucy for awhile." I whispered sadly, "Is it okay if I stay here?" 

She happily nodded and said, "George went over to the park, and Lily and Sarah are out on a sleepover," She went back to her cooking while adding, "Go and unpack in George's room, dinner's going to be ready soon." 

Niall's POV 

As we dropped Lucy off, Harry turned on me. 

"Why are you using her?!" He yelled, waving his hands in the air. 

"Harry calm down, I'm not. I actually do like Lucy." I said confidently, but looking away from him. 

"Shut up Niall! We all know that you're still trying to bang her!" I was growing impatient, why can't they see that I've changed and that I actually like Lucy?

"Harry, I love Lucy. I promise." He scowled at me, while the others remained quiet, pretending to busy themselves with some other things. 

"That's what you said about the other girls you've 'dated'." He continued, Harry is just not going to give up is he?

"She's different, Styles," I say closing my fists tightly, it took all the willpower in me to not hit the little prick. 

"Well, just to let you know, if you ever slip up, I'll be there to catch her." He huffed, turning his back towards me to look out the window. I didn't really care though, I mean the only thing that kept on replaying in my head was that kiss Lucy and I shared about fifteen minutes ago. It makes it even more special considering that no one else knows about it but us. 

************************************************************************************************************

Lucy's POV

I've been texting Madi and calling her all day, but I've gotten no reply. Just like any best friend would do, I decided to pay her a little visit. Grabbing a few Teen Vogue magazines, a manicure set, and some muffins, I walked across the deserted road to Madi's front door. 

I was about to knock, when Madi's mother had opened it, as if she was standing by the door all day waiting for someone to approach her house. 

Tangled hair, puffy eyed, she said, "Oh, hi Lucy...do you know where Madi is?" 

Confused, I shook my head and said, "No, I thought she was feeling a little down, so I brought all this to make her feel better." I say holding up the items which filled my hands. 

Sniffling slightly, she explained, "Madi's father kicked her out of the house this morning, and I don't know where she is." My eyes grew wide with fear as her words processed in my head. First Matt now Madi? The two people who made life worth actually living?

"Do you have any idea where she could be?" I said befuddled, shifting the items to my other arm. 

Madi's mother shook her head sadly, "No, I've called all her relatives already, but none of them has seen her, and I tried to file a missing person report, but the police said she needs to be missing for at least 24 hours." 

I nodded my head, as I silently walked back to my house without even saying goodbye. I was in too much shock to let any words slip out of mouth. At least I have Niall right? Or is that a bad thing? 

**************************************************************************************************

HEYY GUYS:)) IF YOU LIKE THIS BOOK, WHICH I'M SURE NOT THAT MUCH PEOPLE READ, WELL YOU CAN READ MY OTHER BOOK: MOMENTS:)) CHE-CHE-CHECK IT OUT!! HAHA K BYE...

P.S. SORRY FOR THE CRAPPY CHAPTER, NEXT ONE'S BETTER...HOPEFULLY XD