Behind the Red Velvet Door

• Dedicated to my friends and family

Hello!!! So umm... I haven't really finished the book. But... Along the way, I\'ll be adding more chapters. Please comment on what you think will happen next, if its good, what I could change, etc... I really need feedback. Anyway, please comment on what acter/acteress should be who! It\'s hard picking the cast. : ) Thank you!!!

BTW. SORRY ITS SOOOO LONG!!! FUTURE CHAPTERS ARE MUCH SHORTER! 

Again... Please comment, fan, put in your library, whatever your opinions take you.... I love hearing feedback!!! Thanks!!!

Chapter 1

Amber Melbine’s frustration led to an irritated growl that was heard throughout the neighborhood. Mrs. Melbine, Amber’s mother, had given the news to Amber that they were moving to Dallas, Texas with Skylar Dimmel. Skylar’s mother and father were admiringly wealthy but their daughter was spoiled rotten. Skylar had told her parents that she needed a “buddy” to accompany them and unpredictably had chosen the Melbine family. Amber thought that Skylar was a bragging addict, always in need of a familiar person to tease all the while. Skylar had swung through the door wearing a ruffled golden dress up halfway between her waist and knees, with spaghetti straps to hold it all up. She looked dazzling as if she were about to attend a royal ball. She was accessorized with matching diamond earrings and a diamond necklace with a silver blue Coach bag strapped around her body. Amber couldn’t help but feel the green monster of jealousy bite her. She was only wearing a plain purple t-shirt with a cute little monster on it and some white shorts. It was hard for Amber to swallow the fact Skylar had enough clothes like this to dress in this fashion every day.

“I’m here! Your day has been relieved!” Skylar announced. “Or it just has been ruined…” Amber murmured under my breath. Skylar walked to the kitchen in her new high-heels with her perfect golden curly locks of hair trailing behind her. Amber followed reluctantly to observe what she might be doing in the kitchen, or more likely, to see what she would want to be doing in her house at all when she could be bowling in her old mansion. Skylar looked puzzled, “Where’s your personal chefs and waiters?” she asked. Amber raised an eyebrow. “Are you kidding me, Skylar?”

“What’s to kid about, Amber?” Skylar asked. She was serious. “I have lived with a chef every single day and they can make all disgusting fruits and vegetables as delicious as chocolate mousse!” She said enthusiastically.  Amber’s expression returned to its uninterested looking state. Skylar nodded in satisfaction, thinking pathetically that she had convinced Amber to consider a personal chef. She turned around and faced the Melbine’s refrigerator. Skylar looked at it with revulsion. “What is this?” she asked in disgust. Amber rolled her eyes, knowing that Skylar didn’t have a regular refrigerator, but she had a whole room as her fridge. “That’s our fridge, Skylar.” Skylar stared at it with horror, and pretended to have a bit of nausea. “Well! That’s a home decorating point for me. Ding, ding, ding!” Skylar said happily as she recovered the hot pink color of her lips with her Dior lip gloss. 

“Everything in your house is a decorating point…” Amber muttered. “Hmmm?” Skylar mumbled as she barely caught what Amber had said. “Nothing…” Amber covered. “Girls, time to go to the airport.” Mrs. Melbine said, tapping on the door frame. “Ready to live with me?!?” Skylar cried, bouncing up and down. “Ready as I’ll ever be…” Amber said sarcastically. Ambers little eight year old brother, Mike, ran in the kitchen and tugged on Amber’s shirt. “Come on! Come on! I want to live in a big house! Let’s get out of this box!” Amber was offended, but was too depressed to scold him. As Skylar scampered out like a golden fleeced puppy, Amber pulled on her black sweat shirt with a monster holding a plate of cookies saying, “Come over to the dark side. We have cookies.” Amber slumped toward the two cars. One small and slightly aged, the other looking fresh from the factory, black, and shiny. Low to the ground, and all snazzy-like.