Chapter 10

OK. Sorry, yes I did rush through to finish this off, but I have to admit, I'm satisfied with my ending. If only my interest in between the book was stronger. Oh well...

The next day, during free period, Amber dragged her friends aside. “I have something to ask you guys.” Amber said, excitedly. Before she could go on, Julia interrupted. “Did you guys hear Mark ditched school and took off to California to meet Justin Bieber?!” Amber had a what-the-heck expression plastered on her face. Everyone had that expression… “O.K…. That’s not the full truth, but he did take off to California…” Julia confessed. Amber frowned. “ANYWAYS!!! I told Lauren my ‘plan’ and she was all over it. She originally was going to go yesterday, but I stalled her until today to ask you guys. Before you guys say no, just remember. It’ll be like pausing time, and taking a week off time except… you keep growing and stuff… Trust me you guys. It’s fine.” When Amber had finished her explanation, her friends where speechless. “Please!” Amber begged, “I can’t do this alone with only Lauren. I had this dream. It told me not to help Lauren or else she’d suffer consequences. I have a feeling though, that if I don’t help her, she’ll never find him.” Amber coaxed. Her friends exchanged stares.

                  “I’m in.” Allison said. “Same.” Julia agreed. “Guys… Think about it… All the way to California with a girl we barely know.” Kaitlyn reminded. “Just come with us.” Julia said. Kaitlyn groaned. “Fine.” She stated. The four group hugged and laughed. Wow. What a chick flick movie moment… Amber thought. “O.K. We leave tomorrow. I’m not sure how much you have to pack because I don’t how long we’re staying…” Amber told them.

                  The next day, when the four arrived to California, they rented a hotel. They all got their rest and first thing in the morning, Lauren left to find Ethan. When the three girls woke up, they ate and wondered what to do, while Lauren was out trying to find Ethan. “Well… We’re in California…” Kaitlyn said, “Let’s go shopping! Since Lauren has a ton of money, – somehow – she paid for the hotel, plane, etc. Now we have all our allowance left to shop!”

                  Julia grinned. Then Allison grinned also. Amber couldn’t help but agree to go. As Amber got ready to go, she slithered into a yellow tee with a single red heart printed on it and skinny jeans. Staring into the mirror, Amber hated how imperfect she looked. She’d never look good. She didn’t look like she had cheek bones or nice skin; her lips weren’t very full, and my brows well… *Amber shivered.* She turned to leave, feeling kind of uncomfortable, but tried to lighten up so she’d have a good time with her friends. She followed her friends from store to store.

                  “Hey, this would look really cute on you, Amber!” Kaitlyn squealed happily. “Oh, no, it’s OK. I don’t have any money anyways. I don't get an allowance until I moved and it hasn’t been  week yet…” Amber admitted. “Oh, its O.K., we’ll pay for your stuff. You can pay us back later.” Julia smiled. “Really?” Amber asked. “Of course!” Allison smiled. “we-e-e-ell…” Amber said. “You should get a makeover.” Julia blurted out. “Huh?” Amber asked surprised. “Come here.” Julia said, taking Amber’s arm and leading elsewhere, “Catch up with you guys later.” Julia told the others.

                  Amber came to a place with bright orange and pink walls with swirly white painted curly-q’s. She was seated in one of those hair cut chair things and was told to close her eyes. Amber did as she was told and felt the women surrounding her coat her face with make-up. Amber squirmed many times, and again, many times was told to hold still. Amber felt more uncomfortable than when she had left the hotel. It took like… thirty minutes – which was VERY offensive – until a woman I think is named, “Sasha,” said, “O.K.! You’re done!” Amber was finally able to open her eyes. “Oh my goodness…” Amber whispered.