Chapter 4

OK, finally got chapter 4 done. Sorry if it took awhile, but I've been busy finding a ast for three people. kitkat7, jujurocks, and myself. I dedicate this to jujurocks because she's been keeping my interest in wattpad and striving me to continue my story. I was thinking of not writing it anymore about a month ago, but now I'm enjoying wattpad and writing my story, so thank you, juju! Hope you like it! 

Amber decided to choose the lavender shirt with white jeans and began putting the clothes away. She yawned once again and stretched. “Eh…. I’ll put it all away tomorrow…” Amber said, laying herself back down on her bed, and slow drifted to sleep, not bothering to turn the light on her nightstand off.

           ~                       ~                      ~                      ~                      ~                      ~                    

            BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

            Amber groaned and slapped her alarm clock off. Her sight was blurred from the deep sleep. Amber blinked multiple times and regained her sharp eyesight. She sat up groggy and saw a little box on the table near her window. She unsteadily walked over to the table and read the note. “Hope you have the best first day of school. Love, Mom, Dad, and Mike.” Amber took the lid off the box and inside held a charm bracelet with one charm. It was an apple on top of two books. One book red, and the other green, each with muted yellow of the color of the pages. The charm was very small, and the books couldn’t open, but carved in the little stone apple charm was “First Day” is very small letters. Amber turned around and looked at the clothes around her. She quickly piled the clothes in her drawers and laid her first day outfit on her bed. She didn’t bother making her bed. She put the bracelet on her shirt and walked to… To… To her own bathroom. Amber got the chills of happiness and excitement. She walked into the bathroom and realized she didn’t have a towel. She walked out her door and screamed, “MOM!!! WHERES THE TOWELS!?!” Amber regretted that. She got out and watched as Skylar came out of the room across from her with sparkly sequined pajamas. “What. Are. You. Doing?!?” Skylar screeched. “I need my beauty sleep, you know…” she said frowning. Amber scoffed. “Beauty sleep? On a school night? Psh… Not happening.” Amber mumbled. Mrs. Melbine came out of her room in the other hallway with her hair flying everywhere looking like Medusa. She groaned. “Gosh, Amber. You need to go to school. Not me… The towels are in there.” She said, slipping back into bed. She was pointing at a closet by the even LARGER closet. Good thing the towels were right by the door.

            Amber snatched an orange towel and ran into the bathroom, worried she’d be late on her first day. She took a nice hot shower and put her clothes on. She inspected herself in the mirror in her closet and decided to wear large hoop earrings, her silver AirWalk shoes with the yellow stripe, and she tied her hair up with green and purple ribbon. She took a good look at herself and let the pony tail down. She tied it back up with the ribbons into a sloppy bun and had some hair frame the side her face. “There we go. You finally look decent.” Amber said to herself. Amber thought about sneaking into Skylar’s make up suitcase and using some of that, but ehh… She didn’t even know how to use the stuff anyway…

            Amber ran downstairs and while trying to find the kitchen, ran into the living room where Mr. Dimmel and Mr. Melbine were conversing something about whether the table was made of marble or granite, while drinking their coffee. “No, no, Dave. I worked at a tile factory for years, I’m pretty sure this is granite.” Mr. Melbine stated. “Steven, I ordered this table to be marble. They wouldn’t mess up MY order.” Mr. Dimmel argued. Amber cleared her throat. The two men turned their heads towards Amber. “Oh, morning, sweetheart. Go eat breakfast. You’re mom will drop you, Mike, and Skylar off at school today.” Mr. Melbine said, taking another sip of his coffee.