Chapter 3

Yaay!!! Finally got Chapter 3 in. I know it's short and should've been a faster upload, but if you didn't know, I've postponed this chapter because I had a loss of imagination. I make up my story as I go and I had no idea what to do next so here it is... I'm mostly busy with schoolwork, chores, helping with a lot of stuff, etc, so that's why it took even longer! I told jujurocks that I would upload this chapter in two weeks, but I managed to get all my homework done and finish this chapter. So... Enjoy!!!

“I’m not sure. It might be something bad. Don’t open it.” Allison rolled her eyes and grinned. “It’s fine! It’s just a door.” “B-but look at that ‘message’!” Amber said pointing the writing. “Pshh… That’s nothing. Probably just the dude who made this doors secret code or something…” Allison laughed, reaching for brass handle. “NO!” Amber shouted, grabbing Allison’s wrist. “Haha, you’re serious. OK, OK, I’ll leave it alone. But I warn you! Next time I come, I’m making YOU open the door.” Allison joked. Amber frowned. “Haha, very funny.”

“ALLISON, HONEY!!! COME DOWN!!! YOU HAVE TO GET READY FOR THE PARTY TONIGHT!!!” Mrs. Nosbi shouted from downstairs. The two ran out of the room and looked down the balcony to see Mrs. Nosbi hands on her hips looking up at them. “Well don’t just stand there, come down here this instant. You haven’t changed, done your hair, or applied make-up!!! We need to get home and get you all prettied up for the party.” Allison sighed. “See yeah later, alligator.” She said, as she started down the stairs. “There’s an elevator over there.” Amber suggested. “I know.” Allison said, shrugging. “Well, see you later then?” Amber blurted out. “Yeah.” Allison answered. “Tomorrow?” Amber asked, but then regretted it, sounding too desperate for a friend. “I have school tomorrow…” Allison replied sadly. School starts tomorrow?! Amber thought, but shrugged and said, “Call you later.” Allison waved. “Kay.”

Amber went back to her room and let herself fall on her bed as she watched her room being unfolded. Starting to look nice… Amber thought to herself. She glanced at the clock she had set up and it read: 8:58 PM. She had decided to start reading a book she had bought a couple months ago but never had really thought of reading. She had read (without much interest, since many books had slow beginnings) to page twenty-one until her mother, looking really worn out and ready for bed, came in to say good night. “Night, Amber.” She said, coming in with a little knock before entering. “Night? It’s only nine!” Amber protested. “Yes, but you have school tomorrow….” Mrs. Melbine replied, lightly sitting on the edge of Amber’s bed. Amber groaned while covering herself with the blanket. “Now, now, don’t fuss. You know you got to go to school even if you’re new here in Texas.” Mrs. Melbine cooed. Amber’s muffled voice was barely audible from under the blanket. “But why do I have to go to school so soon…?” she snarled. “Because Mr. Melbine’s flight just happened to be the day before the first day of school, now go to sleep. No more reading.” Mrs. Melbine said, patting Amber from under the blanket.

Amber jumped a little. She quickly went out from under the blanket with wide eyes. “What’ll I wear!? I need a good impression!” Mrs. Melbine raised an eyebrow. “On who?” Amber rolled her eyes. “Mom… I’m not a FULL tom-boy. I’m still a girl!!!” Amber snapped, “What kinda girl WOULDN’T care if she looked like a total bum on her first day! I don’t want to be known as a slacker… … Now please, go so I can change…” Amber sighed, seeing her mother hadn’t had the slightest idea what she was talking about… “Well, O.K. then… Goodnight, sweetheart…” Mrs. Melbine said quietly, as she stepped out of the room, utterly confused…

Amber slipped into her pajamas and turned off the light on her nightstand. She laid there silently thinking about her crazy day. Slightly lifting her head, she looked at the time. 9:17 PM… She relaxed and laid flat on her bed again. Turning onto her side, she heard her mother singing her brother a lullaby…

“Hush, hush… Hush, little boy,

Today was a day, that you have enjoyed,

But now you must sleep,

And forever I’ll keep,

Your happiness in my big heart…”

            Amber couldn’t help but feel warm inside. Her mother used to sing that to her when she was younger and now that she’s older, she didn’t think she’d have the need to have a song sung to her at night. Amber tossed herself to face to the wall. She stared at the switch by her bed and decided to open the window above her. She flipped the switch up and watched as the window revealed the twinkling stars and the gleaming crescent moon.  She sighed happily watching the star above. When gray clouds covered most of the view, Amber closed the window and watched as the minutes passed by. While staring at her digital clock, Amber jumped out of bed and turned her nightstand light on. She set an alarm for 6:45 AM. Amber hopped into bed and felt the need to “prepare” for her first day at a new school… She once again got out of bed and knelt down beside her suitcase. She unzipped it slowly afraid to wake anyone and basically threw all her clothes out and lined up multiple outfits. She had the outfits cut down to a lavender ruffled shirt with white jeans, a lime green one inch wide sleeve tank white a yellow one sleeve poncho shirt, skinny jeans, or a royal blue plain tee, jean vest, jeggings.

            “Hmm… This is a hard one….” Amber frowned, yawning…

So!!! Yup, that's it for now, but I couldn't keep everyone waiting! :) Anyways, I have a couple questions! How do think Amber's first day of school will go? Will her first impression be good or bad? OH! And I've decided to stop at this point because this will be              READERS CHOICE!!! :D

Which outfit should Amber choose?

a.) Lavender ruffled shirt/tank with white jeans

b.) Lime green one inch sleeve tank with yellow one sleeve poncho shirt over it. Skinny jeans

c.) Royal blue plain tee, jean vest, with jeggings

Comment below to tell me which Amber should pick! Whoever helps Amber choose her outfit, I will put you in my dedication! :D