Chapter 7

OK, got this chapter covered. Hope it's OK! Enjoy!!! :)

“Look for yourself…” Allison whispered. Amber looked. “It’s beautiful!!!” Amber cried, running through the door, and onto the swaying strands of bright green grass. There were flowers, crops growing behind painted fences, and a little house and barn next to it. “Amber, you do realize your IN the closet thingy-ma-jig…” Allison reminded. “So?” Amber smiled, “It’s a great place to hang out!” “O.K., listen to this… You’re new room has a door. A small door. Smaller than regular doors. It also has a curtain. An OLD curtain-which you really should think about getting replaced-that covers this particular door. This door that you just opened has a downstairs, and should be a normal room or closet, but this room leads to a place. A place with skies, grass, a barn, AND a house. It leads somewhere that should be OUTSIDE. NOT in your room. How is this possible? I don’t know, but YOU just went inside of it.” Allison explained. “AH! YOUR RIGHT!” Amber screamed, running back into her room. She slammed the door shut and whispered, “What has just gotten into me? I would’ve never have gone in there!” Amber said sitting criss-cross on the ground. “Should we go back in?” Julia asked. “No, no, no, no, and no.” Kaitlyn shouted, shaking her head wildly. “THAT right there, was plain creepy. We will never open it again and if you guys do, I’m not coming in with you guys…” Kaitlyn reported, crossing her arms. “Ha! Fine!” Julia laughed, and opened the door while running inside towards the farm. “No, Julia, WAIT! WE HAVEN’T DISCUSSED THIS YET!!!” Allison yelled, running in after her. “COME ON!!!” Amber growled, rushing in after them. Before she could take another step, Kaitlyn pulled her back. “Don’t leave me here alone!” Kaitlyn said. “What? This is the normal place. That in there isn’t! In plus, I wanna go in! Who cares about being afraid! This is pretty cool! Why not just come with us?” Amber urged. “No way, Jose. I am not going in there.” Kaitlyn said, stumbling backward. “Fine. Suit yourself.” Amber teased and ran in after the other two girls. “Guys?” Amber shouted, when reaching the painted fence, “Where’d you go?! Hello?!” Amber scanned through the crops and listened carefully for any sign of her friends. “AHHH!!!”

“AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!” Amber shrieked, loudly. She spun around so fast; she fell back onto the fence. It was a girl around her age with straight blonde hair wearing a roll-up sleeve plaid shirt, jeans, and boots. She was carrying a basket of apples, but because Amber scared her, she had dropped the wooden basket on the ground. “Who are you?! What in peachy pineapples are you doing here?!” she yelled, frightened. “No-no-no-no-no-no-no-no…” Amber said quickly, “The question is, who are YOU, and what are YOU doing here?” Amber questioned. “I live here…” the girl said, confused.

Amber was speechless… “W-w-wait… Y-You l-live… Here?” Amber asked. “Yes, now you answer me now… What are YOU doing here, and where did YOU come from?” she asked sternly. “F-from the… From the red door.” The girl seemed dazed, or zoned-out from extreme surprise. She was like… oh-my-gosh-she-knows-about-the-door type of surprised… “You… Opened the door?” she asked. Amber nodded. “B-b-b-but how?” she asked. “I just… Opened it…” Amber said, simply. The girl seemed to not believe her. “You know… Take hold of the handle, turn it left or right, and push or pull? Shouldn’t you have figured this out when you were like… two?” Amber asked. “Yeah, yeah, I know how to open a dumb door… Duh… But I mean… Ethan said he locked the door every time. And he never mentioned a friend like you.” The girl whispered. “Ethan? I don’t know an Ethan, FYI.” Amber reported. That seemed to spark the girls attention. “You… Don’t know Ethan?” she asked. “Nope. Except Ethan Whiting in room 9A. He’s a creeper and if he’s not, he’s so ANNOYING.” Amber shivered. “Huh… Then… Who are you?” she asked.

“My name’s Amber. I just moved in.” Amber replied. The girl seemed to sadden. “When did you move in?” she asked, gloomily. “Yesterday…” Amber said, afraid her words would make her sadder. Her predictions were correct. The girl seemed to be miserable. Amber tried to lighten up. “So! What’s your name?” The girl seemed to try to lighten up also. “My name is Lauren. Here, come into my house. I baked apple pie earlier. I used the rest of the apples which was mainly why I came back out to pick some more in my family’s orchards. Come, on. I’ll cut you a slice.” Lauren said, leading the way back to the large house. “Uh, wait! The only reason why I came through that red door back there is because my friend ran in here then another friend of mine came in chasing after her! I need to find them. They could get lost!” Amber exclaimed.