Chapter 13

A/N: sorry for my lack of updating ill try my best but idk

*2 weeks later*

"Hey Lauren how have you been doing? We're going to do another X-ray to see if you rib is better and how we can fix your spine. The nurse will come and get you soon." I doctor says feeling my left rib cage.

He feels the area that hurt which makes me let of a small whimper. He notices and moves his hand around the area. "Does it hurt there still?" I quickly nod, and he nods back writing something on his clip board. I see the nurse entering through the door.

"Okay Lauren it's time for your X-ray!" She helps me up and puts me in a wheel chair. I haven't really tried to walk. I don't want to hurt my self more. The doctor said I have to be careful with my back. Or I can be paralyzed. I rather not take a risk.

--------

"Well Lauren. It shows here that you bones are healed but you skin is still bruised which makes it hurt. Your ankle is perfectly fine now, and you spine is good to go! Have you ever gotten up since your fall?" The doctor says showing me all the pictures.

"No. I've been too scared. Should I try now?" I say unsure. I nods signalling me to get up.

I slowly grab on to the side of bed to help me stand from my chair. I'm standing now. Now I just need to walk. One foot at a time. I pick up one foot off the ground but I lose my balance cause me to be really wobbly. I place my foot on the ground and do it again and again! I'm walking again, it feels fantastic to walk.

I turn around to the sound of clapping. The doctor and all my friends standing at the door. Even Zach! He's finally back from vacation! I've missed him. I start to walk towards them. Still slow but steady. I start to try and increase my paste. I'm so happy I don't see the wires for my bed and I trip. Right before I hit the ground someone grabs me.

I'm probably an inch away from the floor and if I feel that could of made everything worse. I turn my head to who ever caught me and it was Austin. Oh corse he had to come to my rescue. I actually wanted to see Zach there. Only because I haven't see him in forever and it would have been amazing to be in his arms again.

Me and Zach dated for a while.not really a while probably like a few days. It was when Austin was in Miami. Right before Zach left he was always there when I needed him and I became attracted to him. It wasn't like being with Austin the kiss didn't feel the same. But me and Zach both agreed on staying friends. We both liked it way better.

With all my thinking I was totally ignoring Austin as he talked about how I got to be more care and sit. "Austin." I say normally. "Yes." He replies. "WHY DON'T YOU SHUT UP AND HELP ME UP! Are we seriously going to sit here with me in your arms all day. I honestly don't mind but I want to say hi to Zach! So HELP ME UP!" I yell at Austin he laughs and finally helps me up.

As I'm walking Austin grabs my arm and pulls me back onto his lap. "Remember you're mine." He whispers into my ear sending chills down my back.

"ZACHHHHHHHH" I yell to him and he runs up to me and picks me up to hug him. "I've missed you so much!" I say and he smiles. " I've missed you too! But I've never expected you being in the hospital when I came back." He laughs to try and lighten up my mood.

"Yeah. Me too. It's a bummer you have to see my like this. Thank god I'm wearing shorts because this hospital gown makes my butt hang." We both laugh and continue to laugh at each other.

I look from the corner of my eye and see Austin staring at us. I laugh to my self and continue talking to Zach. Austin's too funny.

A/N: 5 votes 2 comments for the next chapter :)

Go read my other fanfics!