Very true

I didn't understand it either. I thought the normal stereotypical thoughts.
"Why would someone mutilate their body?" "Wouldn't that hurt?"
But I also never stayed away from people that cut. I never put them down or bullied them. I was fascinated in a weird way. Let me explain.

I want to become a councilor or therapist or physiologist. But I'd be a good councilor and therapist. I'd actually help people and care and listen to them. I wouldn't tell the parents or guardians all of the stuff the client says. I wouldn't force you to do anything. UNLESS it's for you're own safety. And if it would save or potentially save your life.  Even then I'd think about my  decisions and options and try to see how you'd react.

Anyway, I was interested in the reason why people cut or burn or OD. I wanted to know why they felt the need to relieve their pain in such a harmful way. Also about how it feels after they cut or burn or take the pills. I wanted to understand these reasons. Cutting has never scared me.

I cut for a reason. Not for the reasons that I just mentioned about how I wanted to know how it feels and all. It was for a legitimate reason. But now that I've experienced the pain and relief. I understand why people do what they do. Some shouldn't do it because they have a "hard" life. I mean the posers and all. The ones that actually get hurt and beat up on a daily basis.

The ones that actually go through the abuse, pain, bullying, torment, and trauma are survivors. And to be honest... I kinda look up to them. Yes, I know self harm is bad and that they shouldn't do it, but if you think about it. They're living in hell. It's the only thing they know that helps them live a little longer. They do it just to get through another day. Another hour. Another minute.

At Least they're surviving and not giving in. They're strong and courageous. I admire that. It means that they haven't given up yet. They're still living.

I do admire the ones that haven't self harmed and have still gotten through trauma and bullying and abuse too.