Chapter 7: Very Important Person

Copyright © zylgnagnaba 2013

NIALL’s POV

I take a deep breath as I approach the door of her hotel room; breathe out to release the nervousness. How would she react if ever she sees me again and finds out we’re staying in the same hotel and in the same floor? I knock at her door three times, still nervous to face her again but at the same time, excited.

In just a matter of seconds, the knob turns open and the sight of the beautiful girl I long to see appears right in front of me. My face suddenly lights up as she speaks, “Yes? What can I do for you?”

Her phone clumsily slips out from her hands. It is playing something from our track. I heard it even before she approaches near the door. She must’ve been listening to it a while ago.

She panics as her phone was about to hit the floor but she manages to catch it before it impacts. I can tell that she is pretty much startled when she saw me.

“Good Morning, Bree!” I grin at her. Oh god, she’s really beautiful even if it’s obvious that she just got up from her coffin, I mean her bed. She’s wearing a big loose shirt which I am not sure if she’s wearing shorts underneath it. She’s smoking hot.

She stands awkwardly and fixed her hair before she can speak up and take in my appearance.

“Niall?Wa- what are you doing here? How did you, how did youknow I stay here?” She stutters. I’m dying deep inside of her cuteness when she stutters and feels awkward around me. I know it’s not her personality. She’s tough. But the thought that she loses herself when I’m around, it’s adorable. God, I really like her.

“I didn’t know you were listening to our songs.” I tell her teasingly. I cannot hide the giggle that’s starting to sound off from my throat.

“What?” She clears her throat and turns the music from her phone off immediately.  “No, I was just playing random songs and then your song came in.” She shrugs, shaking her head a bit and I nod suspiciously at her defence. I really think she was listening to our songs the whole time. She then cordially invites me in her suite as we continue the conversation.

“You did not answer my questions. How did you find out I stay here?” Curiosity rise in her face. Uh-oh! How should I tell her?

“Well, I … Erm … Is it me or we just happen to stay in the same hotel?” I snicker, hesitantly look at her eyes and dig both hands in my pocket and I look down to the floor, waiting for her to boom at me.

“What? We are?” There she goes.

“Yes. Ain’t it funny?” I giggle self-consciously while she remains confused.

“So, how did you know where my suite is? Unless you bribed the receptionist with your looks.” She teases and I immediately gaze back at her. The sudden switch in her mood makes me puzzled as well.

Well Bree, it’s fate. Fate worked for us to see each other again. Can’t you see?

“Erm Bree…” I try to tell her about the elevator scenario but she interrupted.

“Whatever. It doesn’t matter. So why are you here anyways?”

“I just want know how you’re doing. Your nose?”

“Oh, nothing to worry. It’s perfectly fine.” She waves her hand at me dismissively.

“And the bruise on your hips?” I put emphasis on the word “bruise”. I was worried-sick the whole night thinking about what I caused her. Aside from wanting to see her again, I just want to know how she’s doing.