Chapter 10: Electricuted

Copyright © 2013

NIALL’s POV

“Nialler, is Harry here?” Liam asks upon entering the room.

“Nope. He’s in the lobby with the rest of the crew." I respond subconsciously while packing some stuff in my bag.

“What are you doing?” He asks observing my behaviour.           

“Packing?” I say sarcastically. Isn’t it obvious?

He plops down on the couch and let out a breath, “I know. But don’t you think it’s too much? We’re not going anywhere; we’re just spending the afternoon on a yacht.”

Despite his remark, I ignore him and continue on what I am doing. Selecting some stuff which I think would come in handy during the whole afternoon.

“I am not so used seeing you like this, mate. Is this about Bree?” He chuckles teasingly.

I pause for a while, surrender and plop down on the bed. “Am I that obvious?” I grumble under my breath and sigh.

He giggles, “I knew it!” He trills. “You know, I like her too. I think she’s a nice lady. A bit tenacious but I think she’s nice.” He sits down beside me and adds, “She’s quite unpredictable though.

“Spontaneous. She’s spontaneous.” I correct him.

“Yeah, that’s what I meant. You’re too defensive about her.” He snickers. “On the other hand, I think she’s a genuine person. She’s not like the other girls who are after material things.” He further states his comments about Bree. Being the most mature in the group, I take the time to listen.

I sigh and mutter, “I know right? She’s … Wait!” I cut myself off as I realize something, “Why does it seem that you already know her too well?” I peer at him, my lips curve up to a smile.

He starts laughing so hard and struggled to speak, “Well…” laughs again under his breath, “Okay here’s the thing, Nialler.” He finally contains himself. “I was just so impressed that she wasn’t convinced to come with us because of the drinks, the jetski or the yacht, or just simply to come hang with us. I mean, some other girls without any question wouldn’t deny themselves from hanging out with us. Face it Niall, we’re famous. Any girl who’ll get invited by us for any occasion without a doubt would…”

“Wait! So what’s your point really?” I retort as Liam starts to think deeply and I get lost to his point.

“My point is… she was enticed by the fact that she’ll get the chance to take pictures of the waters in Sydney. I mean, that’s really something, lad. Go for her.” He stands up and taps my shoulder twice.

Liam has a good way of knowing people even if he only knew them for quite a time. I know he’s right. That’s what I think about her.

*******

I fetch Bree from her suite with the time that we agreed on last night. She’s wearing a loose grey tank top and short jeans, flip-flops and white bikini underneath. She is so sexy and her fit body blows me away without her even noticing it.

As we walk on our way to the lift, she checks and tests her camera, flashing it on the floor and at the ceiling.

“Don’t worry. I think your camera’s in good shape.” I say playfully and she laughs.

I swear, her giggle sounds like a little child and it’s like music to my ears that I’d really love to hear all day. Her bleach white teeth that she conceals with her sombre face all the time shimmers when she smiles. I wish I could tell her. She’s so fun to watch.