Chapter 8: Music and Infatuation

I dedicate this chapter to The_Dream_Reader because she dedicated one chapter of her book to me as well. I love you as much as I love your story, This. Is. War! :))) xoxo

***********

Copyright © zylgnagnaba 2013

I pick out a white sleeveless dress underneath my cream brown cardigan and pair it with my favourite converse. I pull my hair up to a neat ponytail and wear a light make up on. I take the now bloodstain-free white handkerchief that I have dried the whole day in the bathroom and fold it neatly inside my bag. I made a mental note to return it to Niall as soon as I see him again.

I storm out of my room and walk quickly towards the lift. My sling bag bounces off of my bruise-free right hip as I walk big steps.

“Wait! Wait!” I beg as the elevator starts to close; I shove myself in quickly without noticing the other passenger inside. I occupy the space near the door and push the button to the ground floor.

“Miss Lawrence?” The broad British accented voice of the other passenger sounds off.

I turn around and take seconds before I could recognize him, “Mr Higgins?” I exclaim in disbelief. “What are the odds?” I move towards him and open my arms to a hug.

“What are you doing here?” He inquires right after I pull myself out from the hug, smiling in amusement.

“Well, I stay here.” I answer and reciprocate a smile.

“Wow! That’s great.” He commends and slightly nods at me. He looks up to the symbols changing in front of us in the lift and I find myself lean against the wall adjacent to him.

“You look gorgeous this evening. You have a date?” He assumes, grinning at me.

I answer with a smile, refusing to tell him that I am going the boys’ concert.

“He must be someone special, aye?” He adds.

I feel awkward about it. I just hold onto the strap of my bag and gradually scratch it and I smirk at him.

I can’t contain it anymore. Before we descend to the second floor, I blurt out “Erm, honestly…” I clear my throat, trying to gather the courage of telling him. I feel quite embarrassed about it. “… It’s not a date. I am actually going to the concert. Niall invited me, so …” I shyly confess to him.

“Oh really?” He chuckles. “That goldilocks.” He sighs and shakes his head a bit. “So that means you can go there with me. I will take you there. Is that alright?” He offerspleasantly.

I respond with a shrug. I am not sure about the idea.

“Come on, Bree. We have the same destination. Good thing Liam forgot something and I had to get it for him.” He chuckles again. “So what do you say?”

“Okay.” I sniffle and nod. Paul Higgins really is a good guy.

*********

Paul ushers me to the backstage to avoid the growing crowd in the audience entrance.

“Bree, wait here. I’ll take you to your seat later. I’ll just hand this to Liam.” He shows the bag that he’s holding. “I’ll be right back. The show’s about to start.”

I nod at him in acknowledgment. Paul really is a nice fellow. I don’t know if this is part of the VIP treatment but I am enjoying every bit of it. I’ve never felt this special before besides how my father treats me.

I walk ahead to see the crowd. The Allphones Arena is full. Screams from the crowd is reverberating inside the ginormous place. It is a deafening noise but somehow it is overwhelming. Thousands of fans came here to witness the boys sing. They really are this huge even in the land down under. It’s crazy! My eyes widen and my mouth agapes at the startling sight.