Chapter 5

(Italicized words are lyrics/being sung, italicized and bold is a flash back/memory)

~Devin's POV~

It's been a few months and Kat's still depressed over what happened with Alex. On Christmas Alex accidentally called Kat and it turns out Alex was cheating.

"Dad?" Kat walked in my room, "Are you awake..?"

"Yeah, why what's wrong?" I moved over so she could lay down next to me.

She layed down and cuddled up to me, "I had that nightmare again..."

I held her and sighed, "The one of me and Chris again?"

She nodded and yawned.

We layed in silence for a few minutes then we both fell asleep.

The next morning I woke up to Chris throwing a pillow at me.

"It's about time. Damn. That was the last pillow." He shook his head a little.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes, "Where's Kat?"

"She's getting her stuff ready to put on the bus." Chris looked at his phone. "You should probably get your shit together too."

I looked at him, "What?"

He put his phone back in his pocket, "We leave for our tour today."

"Fuck. I forgot about that. Alright. I'll be ready in about an hour or so." I threw my blanket off me and got up.

Kat walked past my room then turned around and walked in, "Hey, you're awake now. Have some coffee." She handed me a cup of coffee.

I took the cup and she left my room. I got all my stuff together and put it in a suitcase then took it to the bus.

Kat walked on the bus with her last bag and I smiled at her noticing she wasn't wearing a long sleeve shirt.

"No long sleeve shirt today?" Chris asked her.

"No because I don't feel like dying of heat today." She snapped at him and sat down.

I looked at her, "What's up with you?"

She sighed as the rest of the guys put their stuff on the bus, "I'm fine. Okay?"

I looked down at my phone and seen a text from Nikki.

"Don't you dare answer her." Kat glared at me.

"What's your problem Kat?" Ricky looked at her.

She looked at him, "I'm just not in a good mood today. My bad." She got up and went to lay on her bunk.

I asked Nikki what she wanted from me and waited for an answer, "Her depression is getting to her again today."

"Still doesn't tell me why she's so bitchy about Nikki texting you." Ricky sighed.

I looked at him, "Not because she cheated on me with your dumb ass and then threatened her or anything like that." I looked at my phone and turned it off, "Text your girlfriend back."

He glared at me and grabbed his phone, "She's so cute." He smiled and texted her back.

I rolled my eyes and looked at Chris, "So where are we going first?"

Chris looked over at me and sighed, "Arizona. Phoenix, Arizona. So in other words the hottest place in the fucking world."

"Well shit." I sighed and leaned back, "First show is tomorrow right?"

Ricky looked at me, "When the hell did your daughter hit Nikki?"

"When Nikki went to hurt her she turned around and broke her nose and almost her arm." I smiled a little thinking about the day that happened.

"Get your ass over here Kat!" Nikki yelled at her from the living room.

Kat walked in and looked at me then Nikki, "Can I help you?"

Nikki glared at her, "Go get me a sandwich."

"I'm not your slave, do your self lazy ass. You have legs and hands, use them." Kat rolled her eyes and turned to walk away.

"I told you to do something so fucking do it!" Nikki grabbed Kats arm and went to hit her.

Kat clenched her fist and punched Nikki then grabbed her arm, "You want to try that again?" She moved behind Nikki and grabbed her arm, holding against her back.

"That's enough Kat!" I grabbed her and pulled her away from Nikki.

"God I should've just let Kat go at her." I looked over at Chris who was laughing quietly.

Kat walked out from the area with the bunks and sat next to me, laying her head on my shoulder "There's so much beauty when your eyes lay lost in all the city lights..." She sang quietly to herself.

Chris sang  "Paralyzed by my envy of the night. I am lost without you here and outside it looks like rain. For the last time, I bleed myself dry tonight"

"And nothing I could ever write, would help you understand this life. There's so much beauty when your eyes lay lost in all the city lights. The wax will drip as so as blood, romance is dead and all is lust."  I looked at Kat after I finished singing the small part of the song. "You are the water in my lungs, we've lost it. We are all alone."

Kat looked at me and Chris then the rest of the guys, "Paralyzed by my envy of the night. I am lost without you here and outside it looks like rain. Tonight I bleed myself dry, I bleed myself dry, I bleed myself dry."

I smiled and she cuddled up to me, yawning and soon falling back asleep.

"Okay so we've been on the road for about two hours." Vinny sighed.

"Two hours down, eight more to go." Ricky sighed and dropped his phone.

Chris looked at him confused, "What's that about?"

Ricky picked up his phone and looked at it, "She's being pissy and I don't know why."

I rolled my eyes again, "You probably said something wrong."

"All I did was say that I'm uncomfortable with her going to a party by herself." He looked at me, "How is there anything wrong with that?"

"It's Nikki, if she wants to do something, you can't tell her no or she gets pissed off. Remember the period of three days she wouldn't talk to me? That was because I told her I was going to the studio to record instead of stay home with her." I explained.

"She'll survive. It's not the end of the world." Chris looked down then at me and Kat, "You should put her on her bunk to sleep, it's going to be a long trip."