Chapter Four~ A Friend Perhaps?

Alecia's PoV.

Grandma didn't have any chicken.

No chicken. At all.

No chicken no dinner. It was that simple.

"Grandma, I refuse to eat a meal without chicken." I said turning my nose up and smirking.

Grandma waved her wooden spoon around.

"Fine Ally," she said pointing at me. "We'll go to store to get some."

Yes... Chicken.

We went to the garage and got inside Grandma's truck. The vehicle came alive and we pulled out of the yard and drove toward the town.

"Grandma?" I said breaking the silence.

"Yes Ally?"

"I found a carving of a lion on the bench under the willow tree..." I trailed off.

Grandma hummed. "Yes, it's been there since I was a child."

"Does it mean anything?"

She tapped her finger against the steering wheel.

"Yes it does," she said.

"Care sharing?" I pestered.

"Family." She said in a soft voice.

"I don't know much about my family." I grumbled.

Grandma smiled sadly at me. "Jessica and I are to be blamed for that. But it's how she wanted it."

"How who wanted it?" I asked but I already knew the answer.

"Your mother."

And silence descended again.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
"Theresa, so good to see you!" I watched as the brunette hugged my grandmother and grinned.

"It's good to see you too Michelle." Grandma said gently touching her cheek.

They seem close... Who is she?

"Ally, this is Michelle" she said gesturing to little miss bubbly. "Her mother and I grew up together."

Michelle looks my age... And grandma is 56... And her mother and my grandmother grew up together she was probably the same age too.

Michelle offered her hand.

"Nice to meet you Ally," she said as we shook hands. "Welcome to Kingswood." Her words held a double meaning. I just know it.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Grandma and I got the chicken... And some chips... Chocolate and ice cream too.

"Michelle seems young..." I said.

"Yes, she's the last child of Dahlia. She's a nice girl Ally, maybe you two will be friends." She said smiling.

"I've never had a friend besides you and aunt Jessica." I pointed out.

"Then it's time you started," she said getting in line to the cashier.

"The kids and a few teenagers are having a Bonfire Gathering, you should go." She said.

"Doesn't sound like my kind of scene..."

She shrugged. "Too bad, I already told Michelle you'd be going and that she should come by at 6 later."

I groaned. The world was conspiring against me.

"Give Michelle a chance Ally." She thought over her words.

"Give Kingswood a chance."

I promised myself I would... Maybe Michelle could be a friend.

Unknown PoV.

I watched Theresa Bloom and the girl leave the store.

She had to be family. But how...?

I remember seeing her speak with Michelle, I'll find out more then.

The girl was... Pretty. With her root dark hair that turned caramel on the way down. She had soft brown eyes. She seemed unfazed by her new surroundings and she stood straight.

Get a grip...

I watched as Michelle walked out of a cafe. Time for some answers.

~KimZee ✨💜✨