Chapter Twenty Two~ You Will Pay.

Lucien's POV

I watched as Lele dabbed a Q-tip at the smallest graze on Dario's forehead. She clapped her hands gently.

"He's all set," she said looking pleased with herself.

She offered me a small smile and skipped out of the room.

Lele is odd. Even when members are dying she's all cheery.

I looked over at Dario. His head was wrapped in gauze, he was frowning a little. From the pain?

My phone rang out, the number was unknown.

"Who is this?" I demanded.

"I know I shouldn't be calling," Ally's voice was hoarse, "but I'm so worried, just tell me if he's alright."

"Ally-"

"Is Dario okay? Oh my god we're all freaking out!" Michelle, "where is he? We checked the hospital!"

I sighed. "He's okay. We patched him up."

I walked to the furthest corner of the room.

"Ally?"

She sniffed, "I'm here."

What do I say to her?

"Listen, Dario will be fine and back on his feet by morning, we've got the best of the best at our disposal." Lele might be a little off, but she's like no other.
"I need to talk to you, I'll be at the house in 30 minutes okay?"

Another sniff, "okay."

I clicked the phone off.

I turned to look at Dario. He was paler than usual. My fists were clenched so tight they were going numb.

I wanted to bash in the head of whoever did this. Pound them repeatedly until not even Lele could help.

But first, I have to talk to Ally.

I sat down and held my head in my hands.

When did this get so complicated?

There was a tiny knock at the door.

Kirk was leaning casually at the door frame. His face stern.

"Come to empathize?"

He shook his head frowning, "no."

I waited for him to continue. He shifted his weight.

"I'd hate for him to not recover you know," he tilted his head to the side, "and the girl."

I stiffened.

He took a ragged breath and continued, "you see, we'd hate to lose Dario, not at all what we intended. But Alecia Allen is another story."

He looked me dead in the eye.

"You've grown weak Rathbone and you're a fool if you think no one has noticed."

My ears were ringing.

I walked over and hauled him from the door frame then closed it.

I stalked over to him my blood boiling.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

After a couple minutes of me pummeling him, his eyes were swollen shut, lip split, blood trickling from his nose and he was doubled over on the floor.

I stepped on his throat, "this beating is the first of many. You almost got Dario killed." Ally Ally Ally. "I'm going to hold you down and watch as Dario rips your head off. Yours and everyone else who was involved."

I pulled him to his feet by his collar and tossed him through the door into the hall then with a last look at Dario, closed it behind me.

Kirk was unconscious now I was sure.

I didn't know all who were responsible but I was on a path of vengeance.

I looked at his crumbled body.

"You will pay."

Sooooo? What'd you think? Do you like when Lucien is all dangerous? Or sweet? Is Dario going to live? There are more who were involved. Some who might just hold a grudge for him traveling with a Shapeshifter.

Hmm...

Vote! Comment!

KimZee! ✨💜✨