Chapter Fifteen~ Confessions and Complications.

Alecia's PoV.

I gasped when the wildflowers came into view.

They surrounded the lake, with smooth stones dotting a path closest to the water. The setting sun added to the scene and I was speechless. This was really a jewel of Kingswood.

"You like it?" Lucien asked softly

" I do... It's so beautiful..."

"Take off your shoes."

"Why?"

He didn't answer, instead he took off his and waited for me to do the same. I did.

We stepped on the smooth stones until there were no more and we stood in the water up to our ankles.

I looked out. "Wow Lucien... Who would've thought someone who trained how to be the perfect hunter would know a place like this."

"I always come here, to clear my head." He said and brushed my hair behind my ear.

We were holding hands. "Lucien."

"Yes?"

"Why did you really bring me out here?"

"Look in the water." I did and so did he.

He leaned closer to me. "What do you see?"

"I see us..." I said puzzled.

"I see the Jewel of Kingswood and a hunter."

Oh... He meant me... Why is he... Oh...

"You're a jewel Alecia Allen." He said looking at me.

I blushed. I never blush, it's just something about him...

He caressed my cheek with his fingers. "I need to tell you something that's been on my mind for some time now."

"Go ahead, cause I'm speechless." I said quietly.

Lucien's PoV.

I smiled at her. Here goes...

"I care for you very much, and I don't want to see you hurt, just happy. With the current situation, it's suffice to say I can't prevent your hurt." I touched her cheek.

"I could make this sappy and lovey dovey but that's not my style."

She smirked. "Good, cause my heart and laughter couldn't take it."

"Always light and free..." I shook my head. "You're sidetracking me."

"I've been told I'm good at that."

"I'm not familiar with love Ally, after my mother's passing, you could say I never experienced it again. But with you... It's different somehow. I want to spend time with you, and I never wanted to spend time with anyone. I want to make you laugh, see you smile and smirk. I want to have those debates just so I can see the fire in your eyes again, I want to know things about you that no one else does, and in return I'll share the same about me with you. I'm willing to risk the fury of The Venatores just to have that all, their discrimination doesn't matter anymore. You do. That's if you feel the same-"