Chapter Twenty~ Tension Rising.

Alecia's PoV.

When I got home I was tackled to the ground by aunt Jessica.

"Ally..." She choked out. "I was so worried about you." She pulled away to look at me.

"What did Cora do? What did she say?" She asked helping me up.

I sighed.

Grandma came up and gave my shoulder a light squeeze then kissed me on the cheek.

"Ally, darling." She gave me a sweet smile. "You must be tired, and hungry."

Leave it to grandma to read my mind.

She basically carried me inside, I put all my weight on her.

I collapsed on the sofa with my stomach growling and head pounding.

Lucien's POV.

I watched with Dario as Ally was half carried inside by Theresa with Jessica trailing after.

"Not even a thank you, huh?" Dario said huffing. "This is why I don't do good deeds."

"She's safe for now. That's what matters."

"You're a lovesick puppy, it's like love takes your appetite away." He said scowling.

I raised my eyebrows at him. "How did you bring food into this?"

"Are you forgetting that during the process of saving your First Lady, I lost all the food in my stomach? The least Mother Theresa could do, is feed me!" Dario dropped to the ground, purposely making a scene. "Ah!!!"

I lightly kicked his shoulder. "Get up moron." I said chuckling.

"Moron? I will have you know I am an elite-"

Someone cleared their throat behind us.

We turned around to see Michelle.

"Theresa said you should both come inside." She shifted her weight from foot to foot. "Thank you... For saving Ally." She sniffled and turned on her heel, before speed walking back into the house.

"Food!" Dario ran after her, reaching the door before her.

I paused for a moment, a tingling feeling on the back of my neck. I surveyed my surroundings, everything seemed normal but I knew someone was out there.

"Lucien?" I heard Theresa call.

I gave the forest one last look before heading inside.

Alecia's POV.

Grandma was coaxing me to drink the soup. And leave it to aunt Jessica to throw in some threats.

"You need this in your stomach Ally..."

I groaned. "Must. Have. Pizza."

"You can have pizza after you have some soup." She said brushing my hair.

I heard a faint laugh to my right. I glanced at the perpetrator.

"Something funny?" I asked Dario as he was handed his third bowl of soup.

"I would say yes, but I don't want to be mauled by a lioness."

"Smart."

I turned my head to the window. Lucien was there, staring intently, like a sentry on guard.

He hasn't said a word since he got here. And he didn't want anything to eat. Like the hunger was keeping him on edge for whatever he was expecting so he couldn't gnaw through flesh. It was scary, but a part of me admired it, he was fierce and stealthy.