Chapter 10: Sorry, Not Sorry

Bernice
Two weeks later

I was sleeping, at least trying to when I felt a thump on my forehead. I pushed the hand away when I felt nothing but cold air as the covers left my body. I groaned curling up in a fetal position. "Wake your ass up, B!"

"Nooo!" I whined.

"Quit playing! You have to take me to the airport. You're gonna make me miss my flight."

"That's the point!" I said laying there with my eyes closed.

"You know what I'll just call an uber. Cause I'm not about to play with you!"

My eyes shot open. "No, I'm up! I'll take you."

"That's what I thought! You thought about not being able to tell me bye. Get up and get dressed." I sighed sitting on the edge of the bed. I went to the bathroom washing my face and brushing my teeth. I'm just dropping him off so I don't care. I put my hair in a bun then put on a Nike hoodie, Nike leggings, and foamposites. I went to the living room to see him waiting with his bags.

"I'm ready," I said grabbing my purse and keys.

"You aren't going to grab a bag and help me?"

"No, I'm not going anywhere. You can carry your own bags."

"Your ass is so rude, I swear!" I laughed taking the smallest bag from him. I drove him to the JFK airport then pulled over to the side. He got all of his bags out. He just stood in front of me. I pouted. "Man, don't even do that! It's only three days."

"Three days without you in my world feels like a lifetime."

"You're so corny!" We both laughed. "Wayno's waiting on me, so if you're going to cry cry."

"Nigga, that's how you treat me? You're not even worth crying over anymore!"

He laughed, "I'm just playing! Give me my hug and kiss." I crossed my arms looking away. He lowered to my level getting in my face. He pecked my lips quickly to see my reaction.

I smiled slightly. "Another one!" I said in my DJ Khaled voice causing us both to laugh. He kissed me wrapping his arms around me.

"I love you," he said after we parted.

"I love you too."

"I'll text you when I land. I'm off to konichiwa land!" He threw up the peace sign walking off. I laughed shaking my head. I closed the trunk then got in my car leaving. I leave for California tonight, so I went home to pack.

5:02pm

I went to the Def Jam office to finish up some work before I go catch my flight. I sat in my office finalizing stuff for Vince's commercial along with the interviews he's doing while there. The office was pretty much empty because people are usually done by 4. Aside from me there were only a couple of others here. I heard footsteps so I looked up, but didn't see anyone. "Anybody there?" I'm a really scary person to be honest. I watch too many scary movies and investigation shows to not be paranoid. The person stepped out of the shadows and I realized it was Richard. I sighed rolling my eyes. "Why are you here? I'll call security."