Chapter 61: Violent Storms

Bernice
JFK International Airport

We stood in line to check in our bags before our flight. We decided since it's Christmas break to go to Jamaica not only to visit my dad, but to just get away. It was a family trip consisting of us and the kids, Benito, Demetrius, Robb, Belinda and their kids. While there Robb and Belinda would be on their honeymoon and we'll be watching their kids. It felt like forever since I've seen my dad in person even though we talk often.

Once the couple in front of us was done we walked up and Dave showed our first class tickets then put the first bag on to get weighed. "Are you a basketball player?" The lady asked smiling. I immediately rolled my eyes.

"Why does-"

Dave cut me off saying, "Yeah." I was going to say why does he have to be a basketball player to fly first class? but he has to be petty. When people ask him that he'll say yeah and will have full blown conversations with people. I saw her perk up smiling harder and even bite her lip. Am I not standing here? I will beat this bitches ass.

"He's in the D-league, not the NBA. He ain't even that good. Calm yo ass down!" I said as her face fell. That coochie dried up real quick, I bet. Me and Dave laughed as we moved out of the way to let Benito and Demetrius go next.

"You always fucking with people," Dave said shaking his head.

"Her groupie ass should've piped down. Do your job." I readjusted Ro on my hip who was asleep. After we all checked our bags in we went through security. We waited because Benito kept having to take things off then go back through. "Yo, just take all your fucking jewelry off. The belt too," I said pointing to his Ferragamo belt. "Niggas always wanna stunt," I said shaking my head.

"Hell yeah! We're flossy!" Robb said putting his chains back on as well as Dave.

They dapped as Robb said, "Tun Up De Ting!" flicking my diamond necklace of my logo. "You needa get like us. Get with the winning team h-"

I cut him off saying, "Hoe better not leave your mouth. I'll knock you out and when you wake up your honeymoon will be over."

He laughed holding his hands up in defense. "I'm tired of getting beat up. I've taken L's from you, Dave and Belinda enough."

I'm glad to see Dave and Robb are cool again. It would've sucked if Shoota got what he wanted. I guess he thought Dave and Robb would be beefing again and Dave would leave me. That's what his ass gets. I'm glad Dave finally saw Shoota wasn't shit and dropped him. We haven't seen or heard from in awhile, which was good.

I finished tying Kai's shoes then we proceeded through the airport looking for our gate. A airport worker drove by in one of those carts and Dave yelled, "Ay, my nigga! Give us a ride."

I shook my head chuckling, "Quit yelling. Making us look bad."

He jerked his head back. "I don't give a damn. I'm tryna get us a ride, so we don't have to walk. He knows he heard me," he said smacking his lips because the guy never stopped.

"How much longer is this walk?" Kai groaned from behind me. I turned around to see him with a pout on his face dragging his carry on bag.

"We've barely been walking. You're supposed to be young, boy!"

"I'm five! That's ancient," he said breathing out hard. "Can someone pretend I'm 2 and pick me up like them?" He said pointing at Ro, Sade and Shakur who were all being carried by somebody.