Chapter 24: The Last Request - Closure

Bernice
December 25th

I planted my feet on the ground stretching. It was now 12pm. Earlier this morning Malachi and Dave came in my room waking me up, so Kai could open his presents. Once he was done I went right back to sleep. I've been working really hard lately and I needed it. I went to the bathroom to get ready to go be with the family. Dave already left to his parents house earlier. After taking a shower I went to the closet to find an outfit. I grabbed a grey catsuit hoping this shit still fit. I refuse to spend money on maternity clothes. I'm just that cheap. I like expensive stuff, but at moderation. I squeezed into it putting on a pair of Givenchy boots and a leather jacket. I changed purses then walked out into the living room. I looked near the Christmas tree confused. This wasn't here earlier.

 This wasn't here earlier

I smiled slightly. I wish he would stop buying me stuff because that's not winning me back. Even though I'll gladly except the gifts. Too bad for him because I didn't get him shit for Christmas. He doesn't deserve it. I grabbed the card out of one of the flower vases.

I may not be a Rose, but you can pick off one of my thorns and still feel love. I have always been beautifully flawed.
-Some Nigga (pretend I made it up)
Merry Christmas from ya Baby Zaddy

I opened each Chanel, Christian Louboutin, and Giuseppe Zanotti box seeing what he got me. Once I was done I grabbed all of the Christmas gifts I got everybody going down to my car. I drove to my brother's first. I got the gift bags then went up to his condo. After knocking he let me in hugging me. I went to the living room where I saw Demetrius playing a game. When I looked at the screen I could tell it was Grand Theft Auto.

He looked up smiling, "Hey, Aunt B! Merry Xmas!"

"Merry Christmas to you too," I said extending the bag.

He smiled pausing his game then grabbing it. "What's this?" He said taking the paper out.

I sat on the couch across from him saying, "Just a little somethin' something." I shrugged looking at my nails. He pulled the two boxes of Jordan's out opening them then looking at me.

"Where'd you find these? Everybody was re-selling these at crazy prices!"

"We can just say I'm the plug," I said laughing as he shot up hugging me tightly. "Your dad told me you're a big sneaker head, so I had to hook you up." I had Brittany use her stylist connections to get my hands on them.

"Thank you!" He said sitting back down trying them on. "You coming to my next basketball game?"

"Of course, just tell me when!" Benito came into the living room sitting on the arm rest of the couch.