Chapter 19: The Bad Influence

Dave
Sway's Universe

I sat down in the chair next to Sway putting my headphones on

I sat down in the chair next to Sway putting my headphones on. My mixtape came out a couple of days ago and it got a good response. Def Jam was mad, but they really couldn't be once Bernice told them our reasoning. I breezed through most of the questions he was asking me. Honestly I don't like the whole interview thing. You would probably think I'm shy and laid back if you watched my interviews. "So what's the meaning of the mixtape name?"

"The mixtape is called 3. The number three symbolizes creative power and growth, which are both things I'm trying to acquire. Three is the number of time. Past, present, future. Beginning, middle, end. Birth, life, death. My birthday is June 3rd. My wife's birthday is July 3rd. We got married July 3rd. Really it could go on forever. To me three just symbolizes my life at this moment as it changes. From me getting married, starting a family, and my music. You get what I'm saying?"

"Woah, okay. Speaking of marriage, I know Tracy G wants to ask something about that."

"I do. It almost seems like you guys got married in secret. We knew you guys were engaged, but next thing you know you guys are married. We still haven't even seen wedding pictures. Is there a reason for that?"

"No reason other than that's just how we want it. We're honestly just really private. To me our relationship isn't for the masses. It's between us. We're not here for cute pictures and to be 'goals', we're just us. We post a picture, coo. You see us out together, coo. Simple as that."

"Okay, okay. Where has she been? I'm used to her being right by your side and seems lately she's been ghost."

"I know that answer," Sway interjected. "I saw her out in Cali with Vince Staples and I'm thinking Man, that must be that new relationship weight gain! But I listened to the mixtape and she had a verse on it and I realized she's pregnant. Right, Dave?"

"Yeah, she is." I said laughing shaking my head. "That's another reason for the title 3. She's supposed to give birth in March, which is the third month of the year."

"Speaking of that verse. Why didn't you ghost write something for her?"

I laughed, "Honestly she did that out of fun. I wasn't going to burst her bubble. She seemed like she worked really hard on that, so I let it rock. My wife's funny. That was funny."

"Alright, I'll give her a break. What's her rap name?"

"I don't know I'll have to ask her. Probably Boss Bitch B, something stupid." I said chuckling.

"So, now that the mixtape's out what's next?"

"I gotta couple shows lined up with Trey in a couple of states. Then I'll probably do a couple shows for this tape. And if Def Jam ever gets it together my album should be next," I said throwing a slight shot.