Chapter 47: Hello Again

Dave
Manhattan, NYC

I sat outside at a table of this cafe waiting on Donna to arrive

I sat outside at a table of this cafe waiting on Donna to arrive. She asked to meet up and talk again. I don't know what else she could possibly want to talk about. After this it's the last time. I scrolled through instagram on my phone when I heard, "Hey!" I looked up to see her smiling down on me. I greeted her back as she sat down across from me. "I just wanted to have a REAL talk. How things ended last time I wasn't comfortable with how it went. I just feel like you were wrong-"

I cut her off asking, "Wrong for what exactly? Didn't we already have a talk where you decided to end things?"

"You just let your baby mother threaten me. It was clear you were taking her side."

"How was I taking sides? By holding her back making sure she doesn't lay hands on you. I was helping you, so your ass wouldn't end up in the hospital."

She chuckled saying, "That definitely wouldn't happen."

"That's what you think. That's Spanish Harlem with a mix of multiple Caribbean islands with mad anger issues. You would've been leaving on a stretcher, but I love your confidence. Like, why am I here? We've had the same argument over and over again! My stance isn't changing. It's my kids, work, and B. Essentially family before everything and B is my family. A chick comes last especially if she's not my girl."

"I think you owe me an apology."

"For what, yo? I kept it one hundred always. I can't help that you decided to act like I never did."

"For wasting my time, David! You acted like we could've been something for months then it all switched. As soon as she became single you switched. Are you that fucking blind you can't see she doesn't give a fuck about you? You're only getting attention from her until she gets back with her ex or she finds another guy. That bitch don't give a fuck about you or else she wouldn't have given up on y'alls marriage so quickly."

"Because I told you shit in confidence you think you know everything about her?...About our situation? You don't! I'm sorry you're mad we didn't end up in a relationship. I'm sorry about that."

"She has you so wrapped around her finger and you can't even see it. Don't call me when she hurts you. I'm sorry too. I'm sorry you're pussy whipped by a bitch who hasn't even given you the time of day in years."

"You might wanna stop calling her a bitch," I said calmly. I've actually never seen this side of Donna and I don't like it.

"Or what? She's a bitch. You're a bitch too...Her bitch, clearly. Like are you serious right now? I gave you a chance after you begged to take me on a date. I give you of all people a chance and this is you how you do. You're not even on my level. Definitely can't appreciate a woman of my caliber because you're used to strippers!" She yelled causing a scene. "She's too busy in the club to even be a mother. You always have your kids. Where she at?!" A thick jersey accent came out of nowhere.