4. Normal

I'm not sure how, but I feel pretty normal. A normal teenager, a normal life, a normal boyfriend. Well, scratch out that last part.

     "So, tell me about the disease" I waved a chip in the air, it moved simultaneously with my hand.

     "Well... I don't really know all the side effects but it definitely targets your brain" My mom trailed off like she was forgetting to tell me something.

"Well," I paused. "What do you mean- targets your brain, what does it do to your brain?" I asked. I didn't let my curiosity stop me this time, not that it ever does.

     "Well. It messes with your head, like psycho effects and memory loss, let's just say you go crazy." She shoved a hand full of Lays chips in her mouth

      "Psycho!???" I slowly backed away, dropping the chips after the wall and I's collision.

     "So while there are crazy people out there, you're eating chips?" I needed to make sure my mom wasn't the crazy one.

      "Calm down hun, I'm sure the guards got em all" she looked at me like she didn't even care about the topic.

     "Well. MOM. I am going to go get some fresh air... I'll see ya for lunch"

     The last words I heard were STAY OUT  OF TROUBLE BABE....
I think my mom is more of a teenager than me.

I walked. I'm not sure where. I just wanted to forget. Dad, Aunt Cali, Dogs for once. DOGS! The one thing I forgot to remember. It's been a week and the only way she could be living is if she saved some of the food I gave her last week. It was a huge pile. She is alive. Ginger is alive.

I convinced myself over and over that she is alive, that my stupidness of not feeding her didn't kill her.

     I ran to Plemington square, searching for Ginger. But after 3 hours, I was out of luck. Uggh! Ginger...

Where could you be? I thought of every place she could be, well not every. I ran back to the shed. Maybe I didn't look hard enough. Ginger is a good hider, thank goodness.

It definitely targets your brain. My mom's words raced through my mind. Is that what happened to dad? He went crazy and left us? I felt sick to my stomach, I wish I could click an undo button, stop everything that happened.

I was searching for something. Something that would tell me what was going on. My Mom wouldn't tell me. My family was in absolute silence. I haven't heard a word in days, I need to hear them say something before it was too late.

This is not how my life is going to end. I don't know when, I don't know how, but I will fight. And I will stop it. I never knew the world would come to an end until the end was no longer unreachable.