15. Magnetic

I lay there in bed thinking of what has happened lately. It went from my family dying from a disease, to a mean girl going out with my friend Chase.

I am in a new world, but a part of me is left back in little Washington. I'm still wondering what secret my mom kept from me the day of the heart breaking news.

I still wonder what happened to Ginger, even though she might be infected, she is still a part of my family. I wonder how everything could change, so quickly.

**********************************
"Mae. Mae!" My mom was shaking me vigorously and my body was responding like a blob of jello being poked by a fork.

"You're going to be late for school!" She growled at me. "I don't want to go to school!" I yelled back.

She gave me the look, the one that meant she was right. I started to think about what would happen the second I walked through the doors.

Would I see Lea? Would Vanessa harass and embarrass me in front of all the people I don't know? Would I see Chase kissing Vanessa? All the thoughts of school swirled around in my head like I was being hypnotized.

"I think I'm going to be sick" I said to my mom before running towards the bathroom. I slammed the bathroom door behind me and before I made it to the toilet, I puked. All over the floor.

My mom knocked on the door. "Honey are you okay?"

"Yeah mom. I just kind of, made a mess" I said.

"Mae. What am I going to do with you?"

"Well I can just stay home alone I guess" I said as I opened the door to face my mother.

My mom peeked her head in the bathroom and quickly told me to shut the door because she "doesn't want to see my lunch." It was actually my breakfast.

"I'm not sure you can stay at home while you feel like this" she gave me the face I used to see everyday in little Washington. My mom was worried.

"Mom. I am fine. Don't miss work, we need the money. Besides, I can just call Mike or Savannah or someone to hangout with me." I assured her.

"Honey. Mike and Savannah are at school you can't just ask them to skip for you. I'm sorry but you will have to find someone else to take care of you." Great. I mumbled. I guess I didnt convine her well enough.

"Okay. Mom I will just stay home alone." I told her while collapsing on the couch.

My mom grabbed all her bags and unlocked the front door. "Okay honey. Have a good day, call me if you need to." she said and thrown me the extra pair of keys that work for the car and front door.

It sucks that we only have 1 car, if not I would have nothing holding me back from driving to the store. Except for the fact, that I don't have my drivers license. And... I'm kind of sick.

I turned on the tv and logged on to Netflix. I am so glad that mom has a new job so we can afford stuff now. I tried to watch Saved by the bell but Netflix wouldn't load. Darn you WiFi.

I took out phone and downloaded the YouTube app, maybe I can watch some movie on here. I ended up watching some videos which were so funny but everything I laughed my stomach would punish me.

That's it. I'm calling somebody. I'm boring myself. I picked up my phone and debated with myself, should I call Mike? Chase? Savannah? Who!?

I picked up my phone and called Savannah, who needs boys anyway?

Savannah!

Hey Mae, how's it going?

Well I'm kind of sick.

OM-goodness Mae! Are u okay?

Haha Yeah Savannah I'm okay.

GURL this class is boring anyway. Want me to drive over?

Well what class are you in?

Math

Well are you passing?

Psh Yeah... totally....

Okay get your butt over here, and bring candy.

Mkay girl, see ya soon fav.

I hung up the phone and attempted to laugh-my stomach wouldn't let me. Savannah is hilarious! I hope she brings candy!
*************************************
I hear my phone buzz many times beside me and I jumped at the sound. Why'd I have to put my volume at the max.

MAE! Answer please
-Your fav- Savannah

Savannah! What?
*Mae

I tried getting out of class but Ms. Lakenheif almost caught me. I said I was getting water but she told me to wait till after class. Sorry I can't drive over rn :(
-Your fav- Savannah

Oh. That's okay I will call someone else. See you later. Oh. and get off your phone, Ms. Lakenheif might think your cheating or something.
*Mae

Mkay Boo. Feel better
-Your Fav- Savannah
************************************
I've been sitting here, for an hour. Who do I call? They are all in school and I'm bored to death. For some reason, I decided to call Mike. He is in school but so what? I have nothing to do.
My stomach started to hurt but the second mike picked up the phone I got butterflies instead.
"Hey Mae, what's up?"
"Not much, I'm not feeling too hot right now and I'm so bored"
"Mae your always hot! I'll be over in 20 with ice cream"
"Chocolate chip mint??"
"You bet"
I hung up. I also blush, a little too much. He knows my favorite snack when I'm sick AND he didn't even hesitate to coming over. He's so perfect! I snapped out of my thoughts when the doorbell rang. I jumped up forgetting about my stomach and groaned as I struggled to get to the door.
"Mike!"
I squealed as I opened the door to my favorite person at the moment, and my favorite ice cream, which may or may not have made him my favorite person at the moment.
"Hey Mae" he smirked and then told me he wouldn't give me the ice cream till I welcomed him in with a hug.
"Okay but if you get sick. It ain't my fault" I giggled and then hugged him, tightly. I really want that ice cream.
We walked into the living room and started watching Netflix, of course it starts working when I'm not bored! The next few hours were amazing. It was anything cute you would read from a romance book but a little more stomach pain and a little less romance.