Chapter Ten

This could be triggering so idk beware

Vic POV

"You’re perfect."

It’s been a whole week and I still haven’t forgotten Kellin’s words. They lingered in my mind, unwilling to leave.

It’s now Saturday afternoon and I’m sitting in my room. I’ve been staring at my blade for ten minutes.

Should I do it?

I really want to…

"You’re perfect."

Kellin’s words echoed once again in my head. I bit my lip before setting the piece of metal down.

I could go without it today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Vic!" I heard Mike call from his room. I sighed, standing up and heading to his room.

I walked in and was greeted by four people-Mike, Jaime, Tony, and of course Kellin. I don’t think there’s a day that I don’t see him.

But it’s not like I was complaining.

Tony and Jaime were here to celebrate the fact that we were now on break. Which also meant that we had a week until performance.

"What?" I asked, leaning against the doorframe. For some reason, I could sense tension between Kellin and Jaime. I wondered why, considering that they were probably the nicest dudes ever.

"Do you want to rehearse some? I mean, we have a week."

I bit my lip, looking all around the room at each of their faces. They all looked at me pleadingly, and hopeful.

I sighed after a moment, shrugging. “Sure, why not. It’s not like I have a life.”

Jaime cracked a smile and stood up to stand by me. He wrapped an arm around my shoulders and I saw Kellin tense up from the corner of my eyes.

"Great! It’s going to be just like old times, right Vic?" he asked, squeezing me.

I wiggled uncomfortably, but nodded. “Yeah,” I whispered. “Totally.”

He let me go and they all headed to the basement. I started to follow them, but Kellin stopped me.

I looked at him, confused. “Yeah?”

He frowned, letting me go and starting to walk slowly. “Um, nothing. Are you excited to play?”

I shrugged, matching my pace to his, which was slightly slow.

"I don’t know," I answered. "I’m okay with practicing; it’s the performance I’m worried about."

He slowed down as we neared the stairs, stopping to look at me. “Why?” he asked. “You’re amazing! You’ve got a lot of talent.”

I blushed slightly, playing with my fingers. “I don’t know. I’m scared of being judged again.”

He was looking at me strangely before pulling me into a tight hug. I tensed up in surprise before hesitantly hugging him back.

"Uhm…hi?" I mumbled, feeling him laugh quietly.

"Hi," he whispered. "Don’t be nervous, alright? You’re so talented, and amazing…and I’ve heard you perform many times this past week. Trust me when I say they’ll love you."

"Okay." I whispered. "I trust you."

He went to pull away before hesitating. Although I couldn’t see his face, I knew he was thinking hard about something.