Chapter 4: Competition Night!

After working so hard, we were satisfied with our practice and i was confident that we would win the match. Before a day to competition jackson told me to rest and sleep well because last moment practice was of no use, it only made you tired which will affect your performance.

So, after school, i spent whole day with jackson roaming shopping malls because jackson had to buy snap-back (flat cap) for tomorrow's performance, he never dance without it.

"Marky, what do you think about this snap-back, am i looking sexy?" he asked me while smirking.

"It doesn't matter what you wear you always look sexy", i assured him.

"Haha! Now you looked like my friend, your sense of humour is improved", he said to me while looking himself into the mirror.

I already have everything for the competition that's why i don't need anything, i was their only for jackson, he practically dragged me with him, so i was just standing, watching jackson trying different snap-back but at the end i knew he would choose something in the black. I never saw him wearing any other colour except black and it suits him very well because of his pale skin tone.

After 25 minutes he finally decided to buy black snap-back with SWAG on it, it looked like that it was only made for him. On counter he placed two snap-back one was white and other was black with SWAG on it. Finally jackson decided to buy something other than black colour, I thought to myself.

"Here, that's for you, you are going to wear it in tomorrow's competition" he said while giving me bag of white snap-back.

"No, jackson you know that i never wear snap-back, i don't want it but thanks" i gave the bag back to him.

"you know marky, that i always wear black, white isn't my colour, so how can I wear this, it's your gift for the hard work you put in, we are gonna win this competition and then you have to buy me something, you know give and take", he said while placing snap-back on my head. Then he dragged me toward the mirror.

"Look marky, it's really suits you, you look handsome"

"Am i not handsome?" i said to him with a smile on my face.

"No, who said that, you are handsome but with this you look more handsome, that's why you're going to keep it and wear it, i don't want audience to look only at me".

I have no choice but to accept it and promise him that i would wear it tomorrow because i don't want to argue him.

After shopping we went for lunch and we had a lot of fun. Jackson has another hobby which was taking pictures, so we took lots of pictures, according to him these were memories of our precious moments. He also sent me pictures. That day he also gave me ride back to home for the first time.

"Sleep well and don't take tension, it's just a piece of cake, we will win this", he said to me while hugging me. I sent him back and closed the front door, my mom was in the kitchen, and she called me

"Mark! Who was he? Is he your friend? "she start questioning me with excited voice.

"Yes mom he is my friend, he is with me in academy and in school he takes three classes with me", i said to her while pouring juice in the glass.

"He looked nice, thank God that you start making friends, it's a very positive change in you, our decision of letting you get admission in academy was good", she was really happy about me making friends because i was not social and i think he was my first friend in high school.

I walked toward my room, I was still wearing snap-back which jckson gave me, i placed it on the table and then connected my cell phone to the laptop and start watching pictures which jackson send me, I print some of them. He was right these were our memories, good memories. After this i took a shower and then went to sleep because tomorrow was my D-day.