Chapter Twenty-One

Louis's POV: 

I can't believe Ariannah doesn't know what 'Happy Birthday' means! Although, it doesn't surprise me considering she's been abused for several years. It just upsets me that someone can hurt anyone, let alone a child. I was torn from thought by Ariannah landing in my lap, giggling. "You wanted to chat?" She smiled.

I nodded before sitting her on the couch and turning towards her. "So, you don't know what 'Happy Birthday' means?"

She just shook her head, "I can guess, but I'm not too sure."

"Well, Love, every year on the day you were born, your family celebrates the wonderful gift that is you. It's basically a whole day for you." I explained as best as I could, chuckling when I saw her eyes light up when I finished.

"Really?!"

"Yes."

She hugged me tightly before darting off the couch and up the stairs.

Harry's POV:

Liam, Zayn, Lakin, and Iwere roaming different shops, attempting to find gifts for Ariannah's birthday. "For knowing her for almost a year, this is impossible!" I whined.

"Haz, babe, calm down. We'll get it done." Lakin assured.

"What kind of music does she like?" Liam pondered.

"Um, different types... Her and Mystery have the same taste in music. They listen to Country music a lot? She also likes Imagine Dragons, Pink, Led Zepplin, Guns and Roses, stuff like that really." Lakin explained.

"Does she like Emblem 3 or Five Seconds of Summer?" Zayn asked.

"Both actually."

"Hmm. Maybe we could arrange for them to meet her?" I asked.

"I wish. Emblem 3 is touring and Five Seconds of Summer is visiting family." Liam sighed.

"Why is this so hard?!" Zayn questioned, frustrated.

Lakin smirked, "Because, we're trying too hard when the answer is simple!"

"What?" Liam, Zayn, and I asked in unison.

"Hope you guys like puppies!" She said before rushing into a random shop.

The three of us followed her, conused. After getting into the shop, I realized what she meant. "So, she likes dogs?" Liam asked as we all looked around. 

"She loves animals, but she's never had a dog for herself. I mean, yeah, Jim had Boxers and Pit Bulls, but they were all taught to hate people. So, she never really had a lovable dog." Lakin shrugged.

"Lakin, look at this one! It's the only Saint Bernard in the shop!" Zayn smiled, scratching the little dog's  back.

"You do know that Saint Bernards are slobber monsters, right?"

"Yeah, but they are extremely protective of children. Saint Bernards are known as rescue dogs."

"I was just saying."

"So, shall this little cutie be the one?" I asked.

"Why not?" They agreed.

"Alright. I'll get the dog, you three get food and stuff for the dog." 

"Alright, is it a boy or girl?" Lakin asked.

"Um, it's a girl!" Liam smiled.

Ari's POV: 

"So, Ari, since it's your birthday, we want you to pick somewhere you want us to go for the day." Niall smiled as he held me on his lap.

"Really?" I asked, getting excited.