Chapter 1: The Move

Hey Guys!
This is my first story on wattpad, so I hope you guys enjoy.
Please vote and comment.
Try not to be hard,though I can take some helpful criticism.
Thnx.
Love.
Enjoy.
_______________°•°•°•°•_____________
"Cassie! Get your ass down here!" My  mom yelled from down stairs. Couldn't she give me a few more minutes to say goodbye.

You see we were moving all the way across the country. Mom gets to try out a new job and I get to go to a boarding school, Saint Rose High, because I'm 'troubled', or so mom says. I just liked to think that I was brave enough to express my opinion, no matter the circumstances or consequences, with a hint of not taking well to authority figures.

So, after months of warnings I'm actually being shipped off to a boarding school. But hey, you never know. It might be fun.

Pause for effect

Nope, will definitely not going to be fun.

"Cassidy Mikhaila Johnson, get down here!"

I groaned and stormed my way down the stairs and straight into the taxi, not even looking to see if my mom was following.

Most of our things had already been shipped off to North Carolina, which is on the other sound of the country from my home town, San Francisco.

"Well let's get going."

.....

6 hours laters.

Let me tell you 6 hours off trying to ignore my mother is normally very easy, but when you sitting in an aeroplane side by side while she's blubbering about how wonderful the change would be. It's gets hard. I had envisioned so many ways of committing murder, but unfortunately never got to actually act it out.

We made our way to the new house. I was only going to school in two days, so that I could get settled before classes start.

I wasn't really paying attention to where we were going until the car stopped. We stopped in front of an old victorian styled house.  The traditional white house with pillars on the porch and stairs case leading to the door from the garden. It was stunning, but I would not openly admit that.

Mom had hired a few guys to help with the moving. They had already started with moving in the furniture.

3 hours of unpacking and rearranging, we were finally finished.  I hadn't even bothered to unpack my things, because most of it I would be taking with me.

"Cassie, we are going out for dinner."

I grabbed a top and made my way to the living room where I had heard moms voice. 
I groaned when I saw how chirpy she was.
"Come on, we can see what's going on in this town."

"Fine," I stomped out of the house.
When I opened the door, a brand new convertible was sitting outside.

"Surprise!" My mom screamed.

"For me?" I knew my mom would do something to bribe me to accept the change.

"I thought you would like to have a car, for when you at home." Mom tried to give her most innocent smile.

"Nice try mom." I rolled my eyes at her, "nothing you do is gonna make this better." I paused, "even though I really like the car."

"I can accept that." Mom let her smile fall. "You can drive us to the restaurant." She handed over the keys and I made my way to my baby.

I must say we had a pleasurable dinner, considering the tension between us.

****

"Cassie darling. I want you to know I'm doing this for you. I only want what's best for you. I hope you see that one day."

We had been quiet all the way home after mom said that i didn't have a response, which is really rare for me.

We were both in our own thoughts. I was trying to figure out these feelings u was having. I had a feeling this year was going to be very different, and I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

"Start bring your boxes down stairs we're driving tomorrow."

"I thought I only had to be there in two days." I questioned.

"They said it would be better to be there on Sunday so that you can have a tour on Monday. While the old students are moving in."

Oh joy!

"Okay." Was all I said as I stormed up to my room.