Chapter 4: Secret Gamer

Wednesday Head Mistress Clark announced that there was going to be an orientation ball on Friday. Most of the girls went mental. I must say I did see the idea as fun. A good way to start with my pranks.

Gaby, Kelly, Mia and I have all come to a mutual friendship in the last 2 days. They respected my space and I tried to be nice. It just made everything less tense. Chris on the other hand was living up to her reputation quiet well.

I run into her once on my way to the bathroom. No words were exchanged, we just glared at each other as we walked past each other, but as long as she wasn't making trouble I was fine.

Gaby, Kelly, Mia and I were all going to into town today. Everyone was allowed to go into town to get things for the up coming ball. Of cause it was mostly the girls who were excited.

"Well let's get the show on the road girl," Kelly said ushering us into her car.

Driving to town wasn't that bad, there was more to this small town that I thought. We ended up going to a shopping mall.

There we students everywhere. All the girls were looking for the "perfect" dress. We decided to avoid all the packed stares and found a vintage shop, hidden away. It was cute and looked like it had a lot of good things, but most of all there was no one else.

"Hey Kelly, this deep green dress would go stunning with your hair." Mia handed Kelly a beautiful green dress with diamonds embroidered around the front neck area.

Kelly grabbed a navy blue dress and a lilac dress and dissappeared into the fitting room to fit on with the green dress.

I looked around a bit, looking for a really simple dress. Leaning towards a simple black dress. Mia and Gaby were going craze, looking everywhere around the store.

I was moving more and more to the back of the store.

"Anything I can help you with my dear?" An elderly woman asked. When I looked up I realised I had moved to a section of the shop that was almost sealed off.

"Oh. I'm sorry Ma'am." I said politely, digging for my long forgotten manners.

"No need to apologise. Not many people come here anymore." I just smiled and went back to looking through the racks. "May I ask what you are looking for?"

"My school is having a dance tomorrow and I'm looking for a really plain yet beautiful dress. Hopefully I can find a black dress."
The shop lady thought for a while, before getting a creepy look on her face.

"I have the perfect dress for you. I have had it in storage for a while now." She walked away as she spoke, "just wait here." She shouted over her shoulder.

I stayed in the same general area, just looking at what's on the shelfs.

A few minutes later the lady came back with a box and pulled out a sleek black dress.

"I have had this for a while now, just sitting in storage."

"It's looks stunning." I took the dress from the lady's hand and went over to the dressing room.

I heard Mia and Kelly talking about they found the perfect dress and we're just waiting for me and Gabby to find our dresses.

I looked over my dress and how it hugged my curves, this was definitely my dress, but I am going to keep this must secret. The girls can see it tomorrow.

We all went to the counter to pay except Gaby.

"You taking the dress?" The last asked me.

"Yes, it absolutely perfect. Thank you so much, Ma'am."

"Just call me Caren."

"Hey, how come we didn't get to see your dress." Mia complained.

"You'll see it tomorrow," I told them.

"Thank you Mrs Caren." I smiled as we left the store.

Gaby wanted to look around at another store for her dress, but I declined, saying I would meet them at the food court later.

I walked around the mall for a while, I found a nice pair of gold stilettos to go with my dress. After that I found a video game shop. This is my only down fall. I am addicted to my Xbox, but my mom took it away because my grades dropped a bit when I first got it.

I looked through the shelfs and found two of my favourite games, skyrim and halo. I bought an Xbox and the two games. I was definitely going to be enjoying myself later.

"Never pictured you to be into video games." A voice said from behind me and I instantly knew who it was.