Chapter 11: Friends?

I tried to keep to myself for the rest of the day, but that was turning out to be harder than I thought it would be. Whenever I was walking down the corridor, one of the boys would be there. Jason and Corey were annoying as hell; they would draw as much attention as possible. I got Chase a few times, he wold annoy me in a whole other way, constantly flirting with me and then of course Damon, who just chose to walk silently next to me. I didn't really understand why they insisted on being around me. I made no point of wanting to be their friend.

It was the last few minutes of the last period and all I wanted to do was get to my room and sleep. We haven't done any actual work today, but just being here was physically and mentally draining me. I had been approached by a few new people, but they seemed to realise I wasn't going to be friendly.

I trudged my way back to my room, most students where headed to the cafeteria to spend some time with their friends. Lucky for me I didn't have any, so I went straight to my room. When I got there I was the only one in the dorm, I just suppose the rest are the girls are somewhere enjoying themselves. I changed into a tracksuit pants and tank top and crawled into my bed.

What the fvck is that incessant knocking about.

I groan as I craw out of bed (literally), the sun was still shining bright meaning I wasn't asleep for long. I opened the door to be greeted by Damon leaning against the frame of the door. "Well hello there, sexy," he scoffed sarcastically.

That's when I looked down at my outfit. The one side of my pants was crunched up, my tank tops sleeves were falling down my shoulder and I don't even want to know what my hair looked like.

"What do you want?" I said trying to pull my clothes right.

"To get you," Damon replied nonchalantly, "the guys keep talking about you. I'm hoping they'll shut up if you are there."

"Why are they even talking about me?" I walked to the kitchen, leaving the door open giving Damon the option to come in or stay where he is. I noticed he decided to come in and close the door behind him. "I never gave them the idea to try and be friends with me," I looked at clock on the microwave and saw that it was only 16h30; I only slept about an hour, good nap.

"They already under the impression that they are your friends, Jason is convinced he will become you best friend."

"Well, unfortunately for them I don't do the whole friendship thing."

Damon didn't respond immediately, rather stared at me as if trying to figure me out. "Please?"

"Please what?" I stared back confused.

"Just come down for an hour."

"Fine, but you're buying me food." I go to my room before Damon could reject my offer. I wonder what happened to his bad boy persona.

I quickly shimmied into a skinny jean, I kept on my tank top and just grabbed my leather jacket and made my way to the living room where Damon was waiting. "Let's get this over with."

The room was comfy, it was like a lounge. Apparently this is where most of the students where, it was located near the library and looked like any regular building, you would never think there was a café inside.

"Cassie!" was the first thing I heard when we entered the building. Thanks to Jason everyone looked at me and Damon. We made our way to their table; I noticed that Gabby them were here as well. I was surprised they didn't invite me, but then again I wasn't the friendliest to them either, so I couldn't expect them to keep trying. They were looking at us as well as the rest of the female population, and I wasn't getting the friendliest of looks. I swear some of those looks could kill, I could feel the heat behind some of them. Not like I cared though, I would give them a show.

That's an idea, I smirked to myself.

I wrapped my hand around Damon's upper arm and pulled us closer together. I let out a light giggle and fluttered my eyes while looking up at him. His face was priceless, pure confusion. "Aw, come on babe. Don't be like that." I pouted. Damon's confusion increased and the café got a little more quiet as more people paid attention to us.

As we got to the table, the boys looked at me with the same look Damon had on his face. All of them except Jason, "what you playing at?" he whispered.

Damon and I squeezed in between Chase and Jason, I made sure I was sitting next the Jason. I gave Jason a little wink, leaning slightly into Damon.

"Just look around," I hinted. Jason quickly looked around, finally noticing all the attention we were getting.

"Putting on a show?" Jason question, I just smiled. The rest of the boys seem to catch on too. It was difficult to not notice the looks we were getting.

"Nice play," Corey commented. We left it at that and changed the subject.

"So I heard you guys missed little ol' me." I joked.

"Jason wouldn't shut up about you," Corey groaned.

"I wasn't the only one, you all were talking about her too," Jason whined. It was kind of cute and I mean he's hot, they all were. I was actually surprised I'm the only girl at the table.

The boys went on debating who said what, I just tuned it out. Thinking about the sweet éclair I was going to order and that Damon was going to pay for.

"What do you want," Damon nudged me, pulling me out of my thoughts, I noticed Chase standing up waiting for me. "What do you want to eat?" Damon asked again.

"Oh, a caramel and cream éclair and rooibos ice tea. Please."

"No food?"

"Maybe later."

"Hey, I'm not paying again." Damon scowled at me.

"Wait you're paying for her?" Chase asked. "You never pay for us. I'm your best friend man. Bros before hoes." Chase protested.

"Are you calling me a whore, Chase?" I raised an eyebrow, my words coming out harsh, but my face impassive.

"N-no, n-never," Chase tried to cover, but instead just walked away.

I never liked being called a whore, slut, hoe, you name it. I took something like that extremely personal because it went against everything I was against, my mother. Now she may not seem it, but you haven't lived with her. The years after my father left us, my mom changed. The woman who use to give me unconditional love, now felt to share that love with the rest of the mail population. My doctor, friend's fathers and my teachers. The reason I acted out at school, I was I supposed to act when my mother was sleeping with my teacher. My principles mistress? How was I supposed to have friends when my mom was the neighbourhood whore?

"Cassie," Damon said quietly, "You know he didn't mean it right?"

I looked into his eyes and saw nothing but concern for me. "Yeah, I know."

Chase came back with my order and offered me a smile, like offering an apology. I smiled back at him, accepting his gesture. Conversation continued as normal, but I didn't interact much. I was absorbed in my thoughts, old memories I thought I had forgotten.

I didn't even realise it, but I was leaning with my head against Damon shoulder just listening to his voice. He has a rich husky sound; I wonder if he sings, he sounds like he could be a good singer. His voice would sound great with mine. Wait what am I thinking, I haven't even thought about singing for 3 years, why now all of a sudden. Argh!

"It's almost 8, we need to get back."

We all stood up and headed for the door, the rest of the students where making their way back to the dorms as well. We had a curfew of 22h00 on school nights and boys aren't allowed in the rooms after 20h00. There were actual house guards that checked these things; I'm not sure what the consequences are, I didn't bother to actually read the rules and regulations.

I bid the boys good night as I walked into my dorm; the all noticed something had changed. They all know what the trigger was, but no one was going to ask and I was grateful for that. They let me be and went to their own rooms.

To think it's only day one (sigh).