Chapter 5: No Romantic Gesture

"Mystery boy." I turned around to looked at him, "there's a lot you don't know about me. Like my name."

"Well Lil Miss Gamer. If I wanted to know you name, I'd know it by now and Im sure you could find out my name just as easy." He smirked.

"So then why are we playing this game?" I asked as we left the shop.

"Because you seem like someone fun to play with."

"If that's a pick up line, you really suck at it." I mused. "what ever happened to 'was it sore, when you fell from heaven' or shit like that?" I laughed.

"I'm not that type of guy."

"Oh, is that so. What type of guy are you then?" I smiled batting my eyelashes at him. Like I didn't know his type already. Arrogant, self-righteous and probably rich, girls fall at his feet, bad boy. So honestly, there was nothing he could tell me I wouldn't have already guessed.

"You may think you know me or what type I am, but trust me, there's a lot of me you do not know and will never want to know." There was no hint of humour in his voice, he looked me dead in the eyes when something caught his attention and then he walked away.
Only then did I notice we were at the food court of the mall and half of the girls had been staring at us, including Mia, Kelly and Gaby.

"How do you know-"

"Nope, don't mention it." I held up my hand as I interrupted Kelly from commenting.

***

I was hooked to my Xbox for the last 4 hours. We got home round about 5 o'clock.
Chris was in a compromising position when we got home, with some guy I haven't met yet.

While everyone stood staring I just walked straight to my room, acting as if it was normal. Inside I knew though, I may be used to people slutting around, but that was not my norm.

I was pulled from my game when someone knocked on my door.
"Hey?" Gaby stuck her head into my room.
"We're going down to the cafeteria for pizza, if you want to join."

I looked at my game and back to Gaby. "Yeah, sure." I said saving my place on the game.

"Max!"
"Sam!"
"Kay!"
"Jay!"

I heard some boys yell in the café, sounding like it was directed at me, so I turned around to see what was going on.

It's was Jason, Corey and Chase screaming out random names at me.
"See I told you guys her name was Jay." Jason whispered.

"Actually, no its not. I just wanted to see who the idiots were who were screaming out random names."

"Awe babe." Jason winked at me, pulling me to sit down next to him.

"Why won't you tell us your name?" Chase asked suspiciously, "did you do something bad?"

"Depends on what you define as bad," I winked at him.

"Ooh, tell me more." Chase leaned forward, but moved right back when Mystery boy sat down at the table.

Well this a awkward.

I was just about to get up and leave, when he grabbed my arm. "You wanna go to the ball with me?"

I was not expecting that and by the looks on the boys faces neither did they.

"What happened to the big romantic gesture?" I mused.

"It's a simple yes or no question."

"Yes." I said and walked away.