chapter 4

Oliver just walked to his table to wait for Diggle who was getting them some big belly burgers, when he heard knocking on the door. He walked over to open it and was surprised to see Felicity standing at the other side.

"Uhm hi, i can't imagine how weird this must look, me at your door even though you never mentioned where you were staying or gave me your phone number but i really need you to help me" she said in a hurry and walking into his room not even worried about him trying to object.

"what is it?" he said while closing the door. He could see on her face it was serious and tried to calm her down by putting his hand on her shoulder.

"My family" her eyes filled with tears again "somebody has my family and if i don't deliver the arrow tomorrow before 8 o'clock he will..i don't..kill them i guess, i don't know i just..." she said while crying and turning into Oliver's arms. She didn't care what he would think from her right now she just needed a hug. Oliver surprised by her sudden interaction, hugged her tight and tried to comfort her with calming words

"felicity don't worry we will find your family, but.." he said while looking pulling just enough away from her to look in her eyes "why come to me and not to the police?" Oliver was curious about her answer and she answered through her tears

"The police and i aren't really the best friends after i dumbed there captain and asked for a restraining order after he started stalking me for a month.." she stopped for a second regaining her breath "And when i saw you fight in the alley and the way you found me i guessed you might be able to help me"

"What do you mean? How did you knew i was.. Forget about it, i can help you. What happend? You need to tell me everything you know." Oliver was serious and felicity regained her breath again, to spit the words out

"I..I came home and talked to them thinking that they were in the living room and i.." she stopped crying, but was still sniffing "And then i dropped my stuff on my bed, grabbed some pictures and walked over to the living room to find it trashed and then..then i saw this text on the wall...."

"felicity what text? What did it say?" Oliver said looking Felicity deep in her eyes. If she wasn't crying right now i could drown in those beautiful blue eyes, he thought but he suppressed the thought immediately. He saw she had trouble saying it, still shocked about it all, so he put a hand on her face brushing her hair away to hold her.

"It..it said that...that if i wanted to see my family again i needed to deliver the arrow to him before tomorrow 8 o'clock" she grabbed his hand and slowly pulled free from there embracing, now feeling a little embarrased for her sudden affection to Oliver. 

"Okay, are you sure these are his exact words?" Oliver said and Felicity nodded. Those words were burned into her brain. "Okay, you can't go back to your appartement now, in case they come back or watch you, you need to stay here. Diggle, my driver and bodyguard, is coming back any moment with some food and then we will discuss a  plan to save your family. You can sleep later in the bed, I'll sleep at Diggle's room, but you need to stay here okay?" Oliver was talking very serious and felicity just nodded again. She was surprised by his generosity but also felt like, even though she barely knew him, he knew more then he was telling her. And he did. Oliver knew who did this and why, but he couldn't tell felicity without putting her in more danger.

"Oliver, i didn't remember what you wanted exactly so i just bought you a burger and some fries, is that oka..." diggle didn't finished his last word when he saw felicity standing next to Oliver as he walked into the room. "Uhm.. hello, im John Diggle, am i interrupting...?" he said while turning to Oliver to give him a 'what the hell were you thinking' look "because i can go any moment, but i will take the food.."

"No diggle, its not what you think. Felicity just came by to ask for help, her family has been captured" Oliver was very careful with his last words trying not to upset felicity any more. Diggle's face turned blank and he put the food on the table when he walked to Oliver and took him away from Felicity to talk in private.

"Oliver this is our fault, because we came here he found her and her family. We need to tell her everything we know otherwise she will do something that could get her killed, trying to save them" Diggle was very serious but smiled as felicity looked there way as she walked to the table and sat down.

"I know, but not right now. He wants the arrow, if we tell her now she might tell him who i am when she gets the oppertunity to save her family, i mean i would do anything to save mine so why wouldn't she? She's already staying here for the night so we don't need to worry about her getting killed tonight, so lets just eat and figure out a plan to save them, without telling her who i am." Oliver walked away as he was done talking, to the table where felicity was sitting. Diggle followed him and as they sat together they tried to figure out a plan, but Felicity knew that they where hiding something important about her family's abductor(s) and she was going to find out what that was.