Chapter 14 - A World of Miracles and We're Staying Home

"Chloe"
Her voice was heavy and her mind worried, but her body didn't respond to these emotions. The lack of energy prevented the anxiety to be shown through body-language, making her feel stuck in her mind. A terrifying feeling of immobilization.
"I'm so tired" Max sighed. She couldn't handle it anymore. She had been tired for a while, it was not surprising, well-knowing that she missed hours of sleep last night, given that she stressed about her relationship with Chloe, but when she knew something prevented her from sleeping, it created an opposite reaction from her mind and body, her mind telling her to stay awake, but her body expelling every ounce of energy, making her feel like she weighed a ton.

Chloe who had grabbed Max's phone, looked intensely at it, over-analyzing every word posted.
"But, Max. We need to check the link, and you have like, 3 other notifications that could be something similar or maybe even worse" her hands were tense and her eyes were nearly shooting beams of concentrated fire.
"If we don't do something about this," she quickly looked up at Max.
"You could be in serious-"and just when her eyes saw the expression on her friend, she stopped talking. Her mouth remained open, but not a single breath passed through. Chloe noticed the slight bags under her eyes, her red eyes and still body, casting a lazy shadow on the wooden floor behind her. A thought passed her by and even though there had been no talk about it, this was the time that it really hit her. The tired, brown-haired girl before her, was her girlfriend. The one person whose well-being was more important than her own, and the only one who had watched her stuck on the ground and was able to bring her up and make life so much more than what could be imagined. And that person before he was in agony.

"Go to bed," she whispered without changing her expression.
"Go to bed," she said again, only louder to emphasize how she meant it.

She saw Max look up with her tired eyes, looking confused.

"I'll... check the link and the notifications" her body felt numb and the words came from nowhere.
"I'll make sure everything is alright" she took a step close to Max and let her hand with the phone fall down her side as she placed the other on the side of her friend's face. "Don't worry" she let out with a breath as she moved her head closer, only giving Max a single second to prepare before Chloe lightly pressed her lips up against hers.
Closing her eyes and moving her hand down Max's face, Chloe held her lips for a few more moments, embracing every second of it when Max kissed her back. It filled her with determination. To keep everything in order. Chloe moved her hand quickly down and nudged her index finger against Max's before locking it around. She slowly moved her head back and shortly stared into the big brown eyes before her, shuffling slightly from side to side.

"Thanks Chloe" Max said quietly as she sent an alluring stare back.
She didn't want to. To get Chloe to do the work, but she could see that it would calm her and she felt it would calm herself as well.
She regrettably slipped her finger out from the comforting grab, took a step back and gave a small nod before turning around towards the bed. She heard Chloe tapping on the phone just as she sat down on the left side of the bed and sighed. The light in the room revealed the gray shirt on the floor more clearly. It was the shirt Chloe sometimes wore as pajamas. It was something she never questioned, even though Max felt more comfortable sleeping in her underwear, and tonight was no exception as she grabbed the bottom of her shirt and pulled it over her head and aimed for the gray shirt when she threw it on the floor. She took a glance at Chloe who had her back turned to her, the phone sending a blue light onto her face as Max proceeded to loosen her pants and lazily kicking them off. She then turned her attention on herself and looked down her body. The black bra she was wearing, didn't fit her too well. It was not too big nor too small, but the cup didn't fit her breasts, but it was comfortable nonetheless, so she paid no mind to it. Finally, she took her socks off with the help of her feet and laid down on her back on the bed and felt the soft fabric up against her body, making her feel even more tired.