VI

Mei's POV

Jongin and I finally finish putting the bags in the car. Once we're finished, we just stand there staring at each other for a while before he finally speaks. "Mei..." he says quietly "what's happening between us?". "I told you there's a chance, didn't I?" I look up at him only to see his big brown eyes looking back at me. "But Mei, you're with someone else... I can't just steal you away from Tengfei..." he says in a very melancholy tone. "You're not" I reassure him. "In fact, he stole me from you".

"How does that work? When you two got together, you and I weren't even dating anymore" Jongin stares at me blankly. "Right, but my heart still belonged to you. I just gave what was left of it to him, which wasn't much. I honestly feel terrible admitting it but... I never really loved him. He was basically just a rebound for me to try and get over you, because I thought I'd never get to see you again" I sigh sadly. Jongin sighs and stays silent. I wrap my arms around his waist and rest my head on his chest, listening to the soothing sound of his heartbeat. It calms me down, and gives me a chance to try and collect my thoughts.

I know that Jongin is the one I want to be with. What I don't know, is how I'm going to break that to Tengfei, whose heart I feel terrible for breaking. What am I supposed to do? I feel like all I've done is lead Tengfei on, because deep down inside I've always known I'd never be able to love him the same way that I love Jongin. And now that Jongin is right here in front of me, and he's told me he still loves me too, I'm stuck in an even more difficult situation. At least when I thought I'd never see Jongin again it was a little easier to TRY to love Tengfei, because at that point I knew I'd have to move on because I thought I stood no chance of ever rekindling my love with Jongin. I know that somehow I have to let Tengfei down easy. I just don't know how.

"Mei, maybe we should just... not worry about it for now" Jongin finally speaks. "We have some time to figure this out, the boys and I are here for a month. Let's just... go back to the terminal and get the rest of the boys and leave the airport huh? We'll all get settled and then you and I can talk about this some more". He gently runs his soft hands through my hair and I just about lose it and start sobbing into his chest. After all this time, he still loves me the same way I love him. I thought after a year of not being able to be together he would've moved on, but by some miracle, he still loves me the same way I love him.

"We don't need to talk about it anymore Jongin... You and I have done all the figuring out we need to do. It's us. It always has been. It always will be. You and I love each other, we're meant for each other. But now, I'm the one who has some figuring out to do on my own. I need to figure out how to tell Tengfei that after all this time, I'm still madly in love with you. That I can't be with him anymore because my one true love... my soulmate... my destiny is you. This burden is mine to carry now Jongin. All you need to know is that you'll always have me. I'm yours, and once I figure out how to break all of this to Tengfei, I'll be yours officially, and everything will go back to the way it used to be". I lean up and press a soft kiss to his lips. "I love you, Jongin".