IX

Luhan's POV

I stop midway through giving the boys a tour of the house when I see Mei run in with tears in her eyes. I hear the door slam once she's upstairs and I sigh. "I'll be right back" I tell the boys calmly as I start to make my way up the stairs. "No no Lu, let me" Chanyeol stops me. "You've had it just as rough as she has I'm sure. I know, all you want to do is help her. All you ever want to do is help everyone whenever they need you. Your heart's too big Lu. You need a break sometimes. I mean I get it, she's your sister, you just wanna be there for her. But I think it's better if you sit this one out".

I'm about to protest, but then I realize he's right. I've been dealing with Mei's troubles so much that I haven't stopped to realize that this is her problem, not mine. "Alright" I nod. "Her room is the first door you see when you get up the stairs". He gives me a quick nod before heading up the stairs. You know, Chanyeol can be an idiot sometimes, but I really do thank my lucky stars that he's around. After all, he's Mei's best friend. He's been there for her in times when I couldn't. It's nice to have someone like that around. In some sense, it's almost as if he's just as much her brother as I am. "Hey Chanyeol?" I shout up the stairs. I hear feet shuffling backwards, and Chanyeol's face appears over the railing that the top of the stairs. "Yeah?" he asks, with that huge happy virus smile that makes everyone think he's on crack or something. "Thanks" I give him a soft smile and return to giving the rest of the boys a house tour.

Chanyeol's POV

"He really doesn't have to thank me" I chuckle softly to myself and shake my head. "He's knows full well that I'm always here when Mei needs me. Even if I'm not here physically, videochat still counts. Alright, now stop talking to yourself Chanyeol you sound crazy" I scold myself out loud before stopping at Mei's door and softly rapping my knuckles on the hard white surface. "Mei? Can I come in?". No answer. "Mei?" I ask again. This time, I hear a small thud from inside followed by an "ow!". I laugh quietly and shake my head. "She's still a klutz" I grin. The door swings open and, forgetting that I was leaning on it, I fall forward and onto my face. "Man, and you say I'm a klutz" Mei shakes her head with a soft giggle. I scowl at her, but it's quickly wiped away when I notice that prior to my arrival in her room, she'd been crying.

"Did you come up here to bring your-" she starts to ask something, then stops when she looks down at my hands. "Nevermind. You don't have your bags. So, what brings you up here then?" she questions, casually as if I couldn't see the tear stains on her face. "Mei, you came in the house and practically flew up here, ignored us all and slammed the door. That tells me something is wrong. Did you really expect me not to come up here?" I stare at her, almost in disbelief that she'd even question my concern for her. "Actually I expected my brother to come up here to be honest" she says. "He wanted to, but I told him I'd handle it" I explain. "But why? He's been very helpful through all of this and-" I cut her off. "So what? You don't WANT me up here? You don't want your best friend to help you out?". "It's not like that Chanyeol! It's just- I don't know. Maybe you don't know how to properly assess the situation" she says.

"Are you calling me stupid?" I ask, staring at her in disbelief once again. "No!" she shakes her head and then just stops talking entirely for a moment. The room fills with an awkward silence. "Trust me, I know how it feels to love someone you can't have" I mumble quietly, breaking the silence. She looks up from the floor, which had been her previous point of focus. Her eyes are shining with confusion when they meet mine.

"What do you mean?" she asks softly. "You're in love with someone?". "It doesn't matter" I shrug. "It does matter!" she says adamantly "tell me!". "No!" I shake my head and look away from her. "Park Chanyeol, if you don't tell me right this minute I'll-" I cut her off again, but this time it's not with words. I place my hand on her cheek softly and kiss her lips gently. "I love you, Mei".