Chapter 36: A Surprise

27 weeks pregnant....

Today is the day Bruno and I will be finding out if we were having a girl or a boy. Honestly, I want it to be a surprise since it's our first child.

Things seem to have gotten quieter though... I've been getting text messages from an unknown number. Messages like:

I know your secret.

You can't keep your secret forever.

I know where you are.

I will find you.

And pictures of Bruno and I when we were having our affair.

I've showed Bruno the messages and he suggested that I get a new phone number and new phone. He had also gotten more security cameras for the house just to be extra safe.

Bruno finally finished the tour thank god. I thought I would never get to work again and his fans would probably attack him if he wasn't there.

Rosie and her boyfriend well now Fiancée Taylor are going to have a surprise engagement party at my house but then Tayla suggested we Should also have a party party without the children so that's gonna be happening later on.

Anyways, we're walking into the hospital and up to the Maternity floor. We had to keep our heads down because there were people taking pictures of us but also we didn't want to attract paparazzi.

We checked in and we sit in the corner so nobody would notice us.

Eventually, we made our way to Dr.Mason's office.

We did all the normal check-ups, the weight and blood pressure (both higher today), and he explained to me that I would start to feeling the baby even more often than before.We discussed symptoms I may be having. I was honest, told him about all of them, including my mood swings and bowel issues, though I was embarrassed that Bruno was in the room when I explained them.

"That's quite common this week," He answered with a smile. "Bella, you will start to feel a sense of peace in a few more weeks. It could be as long as four or five weeks. But it will come. In the meantime, when you start to feel twinges of jealousy or confusion, possessiveness, anger, resentment, exhaustion, frustration... know that all these things are common, and that you are not alone. It's normal to feel anger. It's normal to not be as accepting or wonderful or peachy as all those women in made-for-television movies. That is fake and this is real, and it's a hard adjustment for any new expectant mother. Pregnancy is a joyful thing, but it does come with some sacrifices, such as your favorite pair of size-3 jeans, your eating habits, and your sleeping patterns. But it will get easier. I promise you."

He turned his attention towards Bruno, "And Bruno, as her spouse, you need to be as understanding of this as humanly possible. I know it can be difficult for you, since she's the one experiencing things that you cannot feel, but you must try."

He nodded with a smile.

"However, Bella, try to take it easy on him as well. Don't push him away. Neither of you can understand what the other is dealing with, so it's a tough road, okay? But you're both going through it together."

We nodded again

"Well," He leaned back. "Today is a big day. We get to find out if it's a little boy or a little girl in there. You're still wanting to know early, correct?"
"No."
"Really?", he asked surprisingly
"I want it to be a surprise", I said "but his sisters wants a nephew," I answered with a shrug. "I don't care, either way. Just want it healthy."
"It will be," He beamed. "Well, lets go check on little Mars".